Chapter 9 || Sequel

Tris's POV

We ended up with making Zeke sit in the trunk with all the bags. Christina sat in the front with my mom. The older kids are squeezed between people and younger ones sit on people laps. I end up with Roslyn on my lap and her twin Zoe on Tobias' lap next to me.

Roslyn turns towards me then looks at Zoe then at Tobias. Zoe looks at between me and Tobias too.

"Who are they?" they ask at the same time. Everyone laughs.

"Roslyn, you are sitting on Tris' lap, she was one of my best friends in high school, and that's..." she pauses not knowing what to call him.

"Four," he says.

"As the number, that's stupid," Justine says. Like mother like daughter.

"Justine, be nice," Christina scolds. Me and everyone else in the car laugh. "What?" Christina says, completely confused about why everyone is laughing so much.

"She is just so much like you," Christina's face contorts and Justine smiles.

When we get back to the house, I go straight in, because I'm honestly terrified with the choice of leaving her alone, with Uriah.

I walk in and see Uriah and Ash eating ice cream on the floor watching Pretty little liars. Uriah is under a blanket, terrified while Ash laughs at him.

"What did I walk in on," I say. Ashlynn turns around and Uriah gets out from under the blanket and runs to me.

"Tris, that show is really scary and Ashlynn shouldn't be allowed to watch it. She is only fourteen." I laugh as he says this.

"First off it's not that scary, and second off, do we need to talk about what you watched at fourteen," I say, he looks away embarrassed. Everyone walked in with bags. "Well, good luck finding somewhere to sleep. Mom, Tobias you can follow me to my room too, discuss some things." They follow me.

When we get into the room my mom sits down and looks at me expectantly.

"Since Tobias ran away when he was little it was because-" she cuts me off

"I want to hear him explain it." She says pointing at Tobias. He nods.

"When I ran away at that younger age, it was because my father beat me. I hadn't seen him for years. He found me a day before our wedding day. He told me if I didn't leave Tris and come back with him he would take away everyone I cared about. My friends, Ashlynn, Tris. So I did I left with him. I got beat every day and I thought about Tris every day. He had heart attack recently and now he is gone, so I left and came here, and then I found Tris."

"Well, I appreciate you not wanting my daughter and granddaughter, but you're still the reason I lost my daughter for 14 years and why I didn't get to see my granddaughter grow up. I will forgive, but if you ever hurt, either way, even the slightest, again. I won't think twice about throwing you out of this state no matter what your excuse is." My mom says. I smile and in the corner of my eyes, I can see Tobias smiling and nodding along with what she says.

"Believe Mrs Prior I will never hurt your daughter again. My love for her didn't leave for the fourteen years we were apart. And the reason I had to leave her is gone, so there is no doubt I will stay with your daughter," my mom smiles and I smile too. I grab his hand and squeeze it.

PAGE BREAK

Tobias sits with me on my bed. I stare at him.

"A lot of things are going to change," I whisper he nods. There is silence between us for a while. Everyone is downstairs eating pizza. We came up here to talk. I can tell there is something he is holding back. "You know you can tell me whatever you seem so scared of telling me," he laughs.

"You always know when I was hiding something," he says

"And I still do," I say he nods. He takes a deep breath and looks at me. He grabs both of my hand into his.

"I love you so much, and I never meant to hurt you-"

"I know Tobias you don't need to try to convince me anymore," I say with a smile.

"Tris I know, but I need to know. Are we ever going to able to go back to the way we were? I love you so much and I want things to change back to the way it was. I want us to still be in deep love with each other. Tris, I'll wait however long you need to get to that point. But I need to know if we are ever going to get back to that point." He says I smile.

"I know, I want to get back there, too and we will, okay," I rub circles on his hands.

"You are so beautiful and it's really hard for me to stop myself from kissing you." I look between his eyes and his lips. I know I said I wouldn't rush myself into this but I can't help it. We have so much history and all of it comes rushing back and now, all I want to do is kiss him too.

"Then kiss me," I whisper. He smiles as he leans in. I meet him halfway there and I feel his soft lips touch mine. I pull away and smile. Then I grab his face and pull him into a passionate kiss.

"Tris, you honestly have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that," he says with a smile. I nod.

At this moment this is all I want to do. From now on I just want to live in the moment. Not grieving about the past. Not worrying about the future. I just want to be right here, right now.

I love him. And I know my life will change for the better. And so will Ashlynn's.

The End.