Chapter 12

Tobias's POV

"I'm going to the bathroom, you get the door," Tris says getting up

"Sure honey, I'll get the door. Thanks for asking," I say with sarcasm. She goes to the bathroom in our room. I get up and go to the door. I look through the peephole, I see an older man, but his back is facing me. He is probably from the apartment building. I open the door and invite him in, without looking at his face.

"Tris put on a shirt," me

"Why?" her

"Because it's not someone from the gang," me

"Who is it then?" her

"Some guy from the apartment," me

"Are you wearing a shirt?" her

"No, but I'm a guy," me

"And I'm a girl," her

"Yes, buts its normal for a guy to not wear a shirt," me

"I don't care if they see me in a bra," her

"But I do," me

"Come on Four, you have seen me totally naked, and I have you," her

"The guy is in the house," me

"Sorry," her (referring to the man)

"Tris," then out of nowhere, I feel pain on my back, I let out a grunt. Then I feel it again I let out a louder grunt this time.

"Four?" I hear Tris say. I feel it again. The pain is familiar, it feels like the beatings from my father. Oh no. I turn around and see Marcus, with a smirk on his face.

"Tris, lock the bedroom and don't come out no matter what," I yell. He can beat me all he wants, but he won't lay a finger on my Tris.

"What's going on?" Tris' voice is full of concern. Then I feel it harder, I let out a small scream.

"Tobias!" then Tris comes running in, she see's me on the ground, then she looks up and see's Marcus, above me with a belt. Her eyes fill with anger.

"Get the fuck out of our apartment, you have no right to be in here. And just so you know, we have security cameras in our apartment, and I am calling the police, so have fun in jail. You hurt, him for no reason, he ran away, and went through so much, because of you. You probably thought you broke him, well guess what, my love is keeping him here. He loves me and I love him, and you can't break that. All those years when he ran away, and you were searching for him, looking concerned. Well, I knew where he was, and I could see past your mask, you weren't concerned, you were mad. I saw it in you your eyes. Now leave him alone, and leave our fucking apartment," Marcus looks shocked that she stood up to him. He tries to hit me again, but Tris steps in front of me, and she gets hit. She screams in pain.

"TRIS!" I turn to Marcus "You can hurt me all you want, but don't you dare lay a hand on her," I say, then I give him one good punch to the temple, and he passes out. I drag him out the room, then I slam the door.

"Tobias," I hear Tris say, I turn to her, and run to her. I pick her up and hug her. I feel her holding back tears.

"Tris, it's just me, you can cry," then she starts crying.

"You can cry too, its just me," I realize, I was holding back tears, I start crying. We stand there, crying into each other, shirtless. When the door opens, we see the whole gang staring at us.

"Dude what happened to your back," says Zeke, I notice my back has a bunch of marks, from the belts on it. Tris pulls away and looks at my back.

"We need, to clean it, and bandage it," she says and I sigh.