Chapter 8

Tris POV

Tobias doesn't want me to go to school today because of yesterday. Two bad things in one day, it doesn't surprise me. I have a pretty shitty life lately. I'm going to school no matter what Tobias says. I get up to the sound of "Say Something". I wrote this song yesterday in the hospital, about Brooke. I've written a few songs, maybe four. Tobias says he has a surprise for me after school, I'm really annoyed he won't tell me, cuz I don't like surprises, but I'm still excited about it. I change into some faded blue jeans, a golden plain long sleeve shirt to cover the bruises on my arms, and a floral scarf to cover my neck bruises. I put on some pink heels that match my scarf, and my "six" necklace of course.

I run downstairs and see Tobias sitting at the bar reading a book. I decide to try to sneak up on him. I tip towards him and look at the book he is reading. TFIOS. I've read that book five times. I decide I'll smash a muffin on his head. I start tip toeing to the pantry to get a muffin. I open the pantry carefully when I feel something smashed on my head. I scream and turn around, Tobias is standing there laughing his head off. I scowl at him.

"I was going to do that," I say frustrated.

"You need to learn to think inside your head and not aloud." I look down sheepishly blushing. He chuckles, now that he has recovered from his laughing fit.

I try to get the muffin out of my head, but it's stuck. I out on a gold beanie to over my mess of a head. I realise school doesn't start for another two hours. I begin writing a song. When I'm done, I go to the music room and start recording it.

Let 'em have their time

Sit back and let 'em shine

Let 'em rise and rise

Cause one day they're gonna fall

Let 'em soak in the sun

Sit back and let 'em have their fun

Let 'em spill their guts

Cause one day they're gonna slip on 'em

Well I could be angry

But you're not worth the fight

And besides, I'm moving on

I've counted to ten

And I'm feeling alright                                       

And besides, I'm moving on

Let 'em play their songs

Let 'em say what's right and wrong

Let 'em do their thing

Cause they'll never be you and me

We got our own style

We got a way of livin' life

If they can't get down

Well we don't need them around

Well I could be angry

But you're not worth the fight

And besides, I'm moving on

I've counted to ten

And I'm feeling alright

And besides, I'm moving

Yes I'm moving