Chapter 7 || Sequel

Ash's POV

I walk back inside to meet the eyes of all my mom's friends. They all just stare at me for a while until one of the girls, I think Marlene decides to break the silence and speak.

"Where's Tris?" she asks quietly. They all look at me expectantly. I sigh

"When she ran after him, she broke down, and now she went to my dad's house so he can explain," I say slowly, choosing my words carefully. They all nod. The girl who believes me is Christina, head perks up.

"Do you think she will forgive him?" he asks. I sigh not knowing the answer.

"Honestly, I have no idea," I say. I go sit down in the only spot open, which is between Zeke and Uriah. I think

"Did you forgive him?" Christina asks. I sigh and nod

"Yeah, I did," they all nod.

"What was my mom like when she was a teenager?" I ask. They all immediately smile.

"She was... awesome. It's so hard to describe her. She was the cheer captain, everyone knew who she was. All the boys had a crush on her, but few admitted it. The thing is, she never dated anyone. She always said she was waiting for someone. When we were 15, we got a name from her. Tobias Eaton. She told us the story, and we all believed it was false hope. Until Four came. We all thought that she finally got over him. Then we found out that Four was him. They were the cutest couple in school. Cheer captain and Football captain. It was a fairy tale. Your mom was the best person I ever knew." The boy Uriah says. I hear the girl Marlene giggle. "What?" He asks.

"Nothing, it's just your so cute when you act all deep," she pecks his lips and I can't help but smile. He seems like the perfect father. I wonder if they have kids.

Just then I hear a phone ring. Then, the girl Christina takes out her phone, then she gasps.

"Guys, we totally forgot to tell Natalie!" they all gasp. Who's Natalie? Is she another one of Tris' friends?

"Who's Natalie?" I ask. They all smile. Then hand me the phone. I give them a questioning look.

"Why don't you answer," I nod then I press the answer button on the phone.

"Hello?" I ask

"Is this Christina?" she asks

"No, this is Ashlynn Eaton Prior," I hear a gasp on the other end then crying. "Who are you?" I ask.

"This is Natalie Prior, Tris' mother, your grandmother," I gasp then smile and I see everyone around me smiling.

"I have a grandma?" I ask I hear laughing on the other end.

"Is Tris with you?" she asks

"No, she's talking to Tobias right now," I hear a gasp on the other end."Tobias Eaton," she asks

"Yeah, he was our new neighbour, and there was this huge freakout, and now she is listening to his reason." I hear heavy breaths on the other end.

"Tell Christina were booking the quickest tickets we can get and were bringing the kids, okay?" she asks. Kids. Does that mean my mom's friends have kids?

"Okay," then she hangs up. They all look at me expectantly.

"Oh, she said she's booking the first flight she can get and she's bringing the kids." They all nod.

"Do I have a grandpa too?" I ask. They all look wearily to each other.

"He died from depression a few years ago," they say. I look down sadly.

"What?" I hear behind me, and I see my mom crying. "He died because of me?" she says, practically yells.

"Tris, don't blame this on yourself," Will soothes.

"Why the fuck can't I blame this on myself. I fucking left like I coward, then my dad falls into fucking depression because his daughter is gone and he doesn't know where. Then he dies. So tell me, Will, why the hell I can't blame myself." She yells. I've never heard my mom seem so mad. I've also never heard my mom cuss. Zeke stands up and walks to her and grab her hands.

"Do you want to know why you can't blame yourself?" she looks away. "Because we all would have done the same thing. If Shauna left me on my wedding day, I would run away too. We all would have. You were heartbroken, and you didn't know to do. So stop blaming yourself, because that doesn't mean he's going to come back," she starts crying.

"I never got to say goodbye," she whispers into his chest.

"I know, but he still loves you, even if he's in heaven, okay?" he says, and she nods again. She pulls away and looks at me.

"Did you forgive him?" I ask. She sighs and looks me straight in the eye.

"I don't know. I think you and me need to talk about this before we make a final decision. You know this is going to change our life," she says.

"How could you have not forgiven him? He left because he wanted to protect you, he left because he wanted to protect him," I say gesturing to my mom's friends. "He left because he wanted to protect me. I know this is going to change our lives. I am going to have a father. I'm not going to be the girl who comes alone to the father-daughter dances. The one with no signature next to the father part for all my report cards. I'm not going to be the girl who has no idea how to explain to her friends her dad left her and her mom on her wedding day. What s so bad about that change mom. Do you know how hard it is being the girl without a father, without an excuse? Mom, you should have forgiven him. He left because he rather gets beat every day by the man he ran away from, that let the people around him, who he cared about, get hurt. He was a selfless man, just like you. So why didn't you forgive him." I yell

"Because she doesn't want to lose you," I look behind mom and see my dad standing there.