Chapter 2

Tris POV

I wonder why Four needed to talk to me about, oh well. I walk into the gym and I see around 20 girls and we can only take 11. I see girls in all types of grades, including Christina, Marlene, and Shauna. Most of the girls are stretching, some are practising tricks, and then there is Lauren, who just stands there waiting.

"Okay girls get up and get in a line shortest to tallest," I yell. They all rush to a line and I go to put them in a formation. "Okay, Myra, through Mckayla, you're the first row. Marlene through Lauren, you're the second row. Christina through Shauna, you're the last row, now get in your formation." I say yelling the last part. Everyone rushes to their spot. I begin the routine very simple, and then it gets harder. I end it with a jump split.

"Okay, I'm going to do it once with you, then once without me, got it," everyone nods. I play the music and then start the routine. When I finish, I roll out of my split and get up. I go stand off to the side next to Four.

"Okay, now do it by yourself," I say starting the music. They start, and I see Lauren, watching everyone else and is a beat behind, sigh and shake my head. Then four laughs. I love his laugh, it's so deep and hot. The music comes to an end, and I see a few girls struggling to get down into their splits. I go back in front of them and I then motion for them to get up. They all getup and wait for further instructions.

"Okay, I want to see everyone's best trick. Get back in the line you were in before, and we will go in order tallest to shortest." Everyone gets in their order and I see all kinds of tricks. Some do things as simple as a back roll. Others do things like a back handspring, which can be impressive comparing on what the person who is watching can do. I can do much more impressive things so a back handspring isn't that impressive in my opinion. Then I come to an end with Myra, she does something no one else has ever done. She does a switch leap into a turning Russian. I have to admit, it was really good, straightened legs, pointed toes, full splits, and no hesitation, it was perfect, but it was more of something you would try out with for a dance team audition or tryout. I went over to Four and he had this huge goofy smile on, I laughed and turned to everyone who was trying out.

"You have thirty minutes to do whatever you want, then I will announce who got on the team, and who did not, you can go now," I yell they all runoff. I'm about to go talk to Four about who should get in, and who shouldn't. When I turned around, I saw a bunch of girls including Lauren of course, he had this uncomfortable smile.

"Hey girls, maybe you should be more worried about making it onto the team because by the looks of it none of you have a big chance of making it," once I say that all the girls get this worried look on their face. They all walk away with their head down, including Lauren, who I also get a scowl from. I turn back to Four and then walk up to him.

"Thank god for you, Tris. I always feel so uncomfortable when girls throw themselves at me, that's why I like you, Tris, you don't throw yourselves at me like most girls, and I love you for that." Oh. My. God. 

Four POV

Did I just say that I liked her and that I loved her? I mean it's true, we told each other we loved each other many times when we were kids, but she doesn't know that. She probably thinks I am a freakin' creep.

"I didn't mean that, I was just saying I like you as a friend, and that I love how you don't throw yourself at me, not that I love you," I say nervously, stuttering every few words. Then she laughs, but it's a nervous laugh.

"It's okay I know what you mean," she says still laughing nervously. I sigh. Great now she is nervous around me.

"Hey, so who do you plan on putting on the team. I think you should out Myra on the team, her little jump, turning thing was really good." I say trying to lighten the mood and change the subject.

"Hah, what she did was totally dance team, not cheerleading, I'm going to suggest for her to try out for the dance team, this is why you are not a cheerleader, you know nothing about the sport." She says laughing hysterically. Thank god, she forgot about it. Wait a minute did she just insult me, oh no she didn't.

"Since when is cheerleading a sport, huh," I retort back. Her face contorts. She is definitely mad.

"Cheerleading is one of the hardest sports, I'd like to see you do the splits, or at least a cartwheel, wow, and you're a football player, that's cute. Real cute, well bye I need to go break some girl's hearts." And with that, she walked away. I hear her yelling at the girls, I don't pay attention till I hear who's on the team.

"Christina, Shauna, Miranda, Jasmine, Alyssa, Jillian, Zoe, Kathrine, Sydney, Caitlin, you made the team, and Marlene, you are my co-captain," Tris yells, luckily none of those girls were one of the girls that Tris had to scare away. I feel triumphant, and then I see Myra start to cry, and so does Tris. "Myra you are a beautiful dancer, and that is exactly it, I believe that you have a huge chance of making the dance team, just no the cheerleading," I see Myra sigh of relief and Tris smiles. Then Lauren and her posse storm out of the room and Tris just laughs.

"Congrats to everyone who made the team, now everyone can leave, please,"

Tris starts to walk towards me and I smile, I want to just be able to kiss her, but I have to wait till she knows it's me Tobias and that is less than an hour away.

"Four you ready, oh and where are where are we going?" she asks. I shake my head and pretends to zip up my lips and then she groans at me.

The whole way there she keeps asking me where we are going, finally we get to our secret spot, which is this little rock area, under the bridge, next to a river. When we get there she makes an, oh face.

"Have you ever been in love," I ask

"Yes, when I was a kid I was in love with a boy named Tobias, and no it wasn't it a silly childhood love, it was real, true love, he said he is coming back in high school," she says, she loves me, I can't believe it.

"Well then I have one thing to say to you," I respond

"And what is that," she questions

"Hello Bea, I have returned," I say and her face lights up.

"Tobias?" she asks, and I just smile and nod, then she runs up to me and the best thing in the world happens, I feel her soft lips against mine. The kiss is full of love, and for the first in forever, I'm not worried about anything else in the world.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I've been busy with a lot of stuff. Hope you pansycakes enjoy this! Please vote, comment, review etc. It means a lot!

~T