Chapter 3 || Sequel

Tris's POV

While driving, Ash stays quiet, not knowing how to react. I take out my phone and call Chris. She answers after the second ring.

"Hello?" she asks. I forgot, she never got my new number. Obviously.

"Chris, i-it's Tris," I say slowly. I hear a gasp.

"Oh my god, guys its Tris, wait where are you? Why'd you run off? Tris, we love you and want to talk to you, okay," I nod, even though I know she can't see me.

"One week," I say simply

"What?" she asks

"In one week, I will send you my address, okay?" I ask.

"Of course, yeah," I can practically hear the smile in her voice.

"Bye," I say

"Bye," I hear her squeal before she hangs up. She hasn't changed.

When we get home, we walk inside. Ash finally decides to actually talk to me.

"Mom, who was that guy, and why didn't he want to get revenge on you?" I was expecting this. I take a sigh and motion to the couch. We both sit down and I turn to her.

"We always kinda hated each other. A little bit after I started dating your father, umm his sister didn't like me, so he got Peter, Drew and Al to try and kill me. They almost did, but your father saved me. Then, later on, he cornered me into a bathroom and started kissing me, with a knife to my back, forcing me not to move. After that he went to jail for a few months, since didn't actually hurt me," I can't say any more. Anything that involves him, will bring up Tobias, and that's a very touchy subject.

"Mom, what was my dad like?" of course that's her question. She was going to ask eventually. I sigh.

"He was great until he left me. We met when we were young, fell in love. Then he ran away because his, um father abused him. When I was 16 I found him again, but he wasn't Tobias Eaton anymore. He was a superstar Four. The guy every girl wanted to date. Famous singer. We started dating, it was love. He got me a job as a singer and were the most famous couple. We moved into an apartment together. Then I found out I was pregnant with you. He still didn't leave me. At one of our concerts he proposed. Then on our wedding day, he left. I still have no idea why. I thought we were in love. I admit I am still in love with him, and I always will be. He was my first love, and will be my last," at this point I'm crying. Ash takes me in her arms.

I pull myself together. I'm the mother here.

I need to be here for her.

I can't let her go through what I did.

A little less than a week later

Tomorrow, I give them my address. Tomorrow I have to explain. Tomorrow I have to listen.

And today I have a neighbour moving in. Some guy, they wouldn't give me the name.

I look out the window and see a moving truck pooling in. I realize I should greet him, and I'm in my pj's. I should probably change.

I go to my room to change. I pick out black skinny jeans and a blue, fitted shirt. I add a long black necklace. I put on tan wedges. I put my hair into a side braid. I apply concealer, eyeliner, mascara, and a red lipstick. I look in the mirror and smile.

I decided I should make a treat too. I go downstairs and pull out all the ingredients for my famous dauntless chocolate cake. I mix everything, then put it in the oven. I make the frosting while it bakes. When it comes us, I let it cool then I frost it. I put it in a cake box. On the top, I write on the top with a sharpie.

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

-Tris Prior

I go upstairs to Ash's room. When I walk in she is looking at my laptop. I walk over and see a picture of me and him on the screen, kissing.

"Is that him?" she asks, I simply nod. She goes to the next picture and it's me, Caleb, mom, and dad. "Who are they?" she asks.

"That is my mom, my dad, and my brother Caleb," she nods, then goes to the next picture, which is a picture of the whole gang, besides Tobias.

"Are those the people who saved me?" she asks. I nod. Then she moves to the last picture which is a picture of Tobias is proposing, which has a clear view of his face. She smiles. "It seems like you loved each other a lot," she says

"We did, at least I think we did, I'm not sure about him anymore," she nods. "Anyways I'm going to go take a cake to the new neighbours, okay?" she nods.

When I get to the house, some guy opens the door.

"Hi, are you guy who just moved in here?" I ask.

"No, he's upstairs, but he's a little busy right now," he says.

"Oh, um well, could you take this to him, it's a housewarming gift," I say, smiling. Honestly, I would really like to meet this mysterious neighbour, but I suppose I will eventually.

"Yeah, don't worry about," I hand him the cake. We smile at each other, then he closes the door. I walk back to my house and shut the door.

About I minute later the doorbell rings. I walk to the door.

"Who is it," I yell through the door before opening it.

"Your new neighbour," I hear a strangely familiar voice yell. I open the door smiling. Happy to finally meet this guy.

He's really tall I note. Then I notice behind him is the whole gang. How did they find my address earlier? The guy notices me looking strangely behind him. He looks behind himself than the whole gang gasps.

"What?" I yell past the man.

"Tris," I finally look to the man, and my smile immediately drops.

"Tobias,"