Chapter 7

Tris's POV

I see myself playing with Brooke in my old front yard back in Dallas, we are playing some sort of bed, wed, or dead game. All of a sudden, she seems to be having trouble breathing. I run to get her mum. We drive to the hospital. I sat in the waiting room, thinking of all possible outcomes, and trying to prepare myself for them.

After a few hours of testing the doctor comes to us. He leads into a separate room. At this point, her dad and little sister Kelsey have joined us at the hospital. The doctor doesn't seem sad. He is probably used to breaking bad news to people, so it doesn't affect him. I couldn't be a doctor, I would fell to bad for all those people and probably break down in the middle of a surgery.

"We took a few tests on her, we looked at symptoms and inside her body. We looked at her lungs finally," he sighs, he seems kind of sad. If the doctor is sad that means it has to be something pretty bad. "She has lung cancer, she is already pretty late into it, but you're lucky we caught it when we did, it could have killed her within a month, if we didn't find out." I look around and see her mum and dad crying Kelsey looks confused, she is only six after all. And I am just standing there, in shock, not moving, not crying. After a while instead of sadness I feel anger.

"So you pretty much telling us she is going to die, and you don't even care, you probably see family's break down every day, and you just apologise to them. Well, guess what, that not going to work on me, I'm so freaking annoyed with life," with a grunt I storm out of the room. I hear Kelsey asking if Brooke is going to die, her parents just say is we have hope she won't, but the thing is I don't, I really don't.

I wake up breathing heavily, I sit in by bed starring at the wall when my phone rings, it's three in the morning. I answer my phone.

"Hello?" I hear sobbing in the back round.

"It's Brooke," I hear rushing around so that means she is not dead yet, I'm about to respond when I hear in the other line on the back ground.

"Time of death, 3:02 am," I let out a muffled sob, I hang up the phone, then I break down right there, screaming why, and cursing whatever I can while sobbing uncontrollably. A minute later Tobias comes rushing in looking panicked.

"What happened!" he says staring at me.

"Brooke is dead," at that he rushes towards we, I told him about Brooke, the day I found out who he actually was. He wraps me in his arms and kisses my forehead. I sob into the crook of his neck. We fall asleep like that. I guess my body knew she was dying, that dream was connected to one of the worse time of my lives, besides Tobias, running away. Now I will dream of this moment instead of the last.

PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK

I walk to clear my mind. I carefully unwrapped myself from his arms, making sure not to wake him.

I change into a black tank top and black and white Nike shorts. I put my hair up into a messy bun, then I put on my tennis shoes. I walk downstairs and get a granola bar, I eat it quickly, the I go off to my jog. After jogging for about a block, some paparazzi guy starts taking pictures of me.

"Fuck off," I say holding up the middle finger, surprisingly he leaves, I continue walking until I am about two minutes from my special spot, I decide that would be a good resting point. I am walking until two hands are wrapped around my mouth and a different two put a blind fold on me, I feel the presence of someone else. Three against one, that is so fair, (note the sarcasm). I struggle against them. They punch me a few times with some kicks. When I'm tired out I stop struggling and try to find out who these people are.