Chapter 24: the funeral

I woke up today and didn't want to do anything. I knew today was the day I had to say my final goodbyes to Olivia. It's hard. I took a shower an put my suit on. I remembered I was saying her eulogy(friendship goodbye letter)today. I walked into the living room and got the 3 pieces of folded up paper and walked out the door. I got into the car and read both my letter to you and your letter to everyone. I again balled my eyes out. I never imagined this day would come. I started the car and headed towards the funeral home. When I got there, only two cars was parked. Mine and her dad's. We are early but I didn't want to go in just yet. I sat in the car and kept reading over your eulogy. Make in sure it sounded perfect. Ten minutes passed and I walked in. Still a little early. I saw her mom and dad sitting down in the front row. I walked up to her casket; ignoring her parents call for me. When I got up there I looked and stared. You was in my favorite dress and your looked beautiful. Although, I saw you in the exact outfit yesterday you looked a lot better in it today.
    As the people started to come in, I fount my seat and waited for the pastor to call me up. A few minutes later I heard my name. I walked up and positioned myself to where I can see her and everyone else.
"I'm Brent, I was and still am Olivia's husband. Olivia and I became best friends in high school. The first day I saw her I knew she was beautiful. Livia was a sweet,funny,very pretty and talented woman. I loved her to death. A day before she passed away, we got into an arugment. I apologized yesterday but I'm saying it again. Olivia Rivera, I'm sorry for being my ignorant self, and not letting you say what you wanted to say. I'm so sorry. I love you more then anything and I hate to see you leave. I'm sorry for not being the ideal husband but you know I care and these past few days I couldn't bare to do anything. We've been on more road trips, field trips together then I've been with anyone else.We've had good days, bad days and amazing days. I love you Olivia." I couldn't say anything else. Tears poured down my face. Her dad came up to support me.
"I was thinking and I remembered her saying she wrote her goodbye letter. And I have it here with me today."
I read the letter. My eulogy ended and we went on with the funeral. When everyone left after the burial service I went and ate. Then went straight home.