Chapter 2

Elisabeth's POV

I walked into my fathers house hearing the pounding of tiny feet racing towards me.  I closed my eyes just as arms wrapped around my waist.  I stood still as Abby yelled how happy she was to see me and I looked down at her.  "I wonder what that was?  Hmmmmm mom have you seen Abby?"  I yelled as I walked off leaving Abby giggling.  Right before I arrived home my mother had sent me a text message saying she had tricked Abby into thinking she was invisible.  I walked into the kitchen hearing Abby's footsteps following me as she tugged on my shirt slightly. 

"Oh hey baby girl, no I haven't seen Abby anywhere.  She asked me to put a spell on her so I did.  She's been missing ever since," my mother said quietly as I sat at the counter watching her hide a smile as Abby crawled into my lap. 

"Mommy, I'm right here," she said softly, grabbing hold of my cheeks.  I raised my eyes, faking shock as I wrapped my arms around her.  She giggled as my fingers tickled her side.  "M....mommy stop," she chocked out as I kissed her cheek.

"How was my little girl for grammy today?"  She jumped off my lap, running out of the room and I looked at my mom raising my eye brow. 

"What did she do?"  I asked, shaking my head and rest my head in my hand.  I love Abby to death but she always found a way to get herself into trouble.  She's six now and not a day goes by that I don't get some type of phone call about how troublesome she is at school.  And lucky me, it's the summer time and now I get phone calls from my mother about how she's broken something very valuable.

"Well, that little girl of yours decided to take sharpie and draw a picture on my freshly painted walls in her play room.  Where she got a sharpie from I have no idea."  I laughed a little at that and hopped of the stool and gave my mom a quick kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you so much for watching that horrid child for me," I said with a smirk on my lips.  My mother was the only one who supported me when I found out I was pregnant.  When I was 17 I went to my first party, it was the graduating party one of my friends was throwing.  Well I drank two beers and found out quickly how much of a light weight I am.  Well a boy named Nathan took advantage of that and had his way with me.  I haven't seen or heard from him since that night. 

"Yeah well just remember what I'm doing for you now, I expect the same in return whenever I am forced to go to a nursing home.  And by nursing home I mean your house," I shook my head as I heard giggling come from the doorway. 

"Abby what are you doing?"  I asked as I pushed the door open slightly and there she was with my father, both holding a water gun.  Before I had a chance to run for it I was soaked by water.  When the assault finally ended my father was holding Abby and they were nearly on the floor with laughter.  "Oh that's cool dad, I wont tell you how the meeting with Mr. Rickson went." I said sternly as I glared at him.  He stopped laughing and whispered into Abby's ear.  He set her down on the floor and she ran to me.

"Mommy is was all my idea, I made grampy do it.  Don't be mad at him," I picked her up and looked at him. 

"Sending a six year old to do your dirty work," he laughed and kissed my cheek as we walked back to the counter.  He looked at me intently and I smiled sitting Abby down in front of a bowl of pasta I have no idea where my mother had come up with.  "Well Mr. Rickson was very sexiest towards me at first, but my father taught me to put men in their place so I did."  I smiled brightly at him and he shook his head.  "Well I told him the deal and he said he would think about it.  So we should know in about two days.  If we don't then Mr. Furgs has always been trying to strike a deal with us."  He nodded and kissed my mother gently on the lips.

"Well once I find out if we got the deal or not I will be having to make a very big decision.  As you know I've been looking at some applicants to take over the business and if all goes well you will be getting the position.  I've never met someone so dedicated to this job and I think you would be perfect."  I looked at my father stunned and quickly gave him a huge hug. 

"Thank you so much dad, this means so much for Abby and I."  I said and he laughed holding on to me tightly.  Just as we pulled away I felt my phone vibrate, I excused myself and answered the unknown number.  "Hello, Miss Portman speaking," I said confidently as I looked out the window into the backyard.

"Hello Elisabeth, I've been thinking and how about dinner tomorrow night?"  I chuckled to myself as I heard Eli's sweet voice.  I'm not going to lie, he was very attractive.  When I walked into the room I had lost my breath at how sexy he truly was.

"Well that sounds great, I'm glad you made the right decision.  Just text me when and where and I'll see you tomorrow."  I spoke softly as my father walked towards me.  Just as he was about to speak I hung the call up and looked at my father. 

"Liz, I don't want to come off to forward, because you know I love having y'all here."  I looked at him a little taken back and he shook his head.  "It's your mothers and I anniversary and I wanted to have a romantic night with her."  I nodded and gave him a quick hug, feeling utterly stupid that I had forgotten.

"Speak no more, I understand.  Let me go grab Abby's things and then you can enjoy your night with mom," he looked at me gratefully as I started to gather her backpack full of toys that she wanted to bring.  I walked into the kitchen to find Abby just finishing her pasta.  I looked at my mom and saw the joy in her eyes.  "Well mom we are going to head out, would it be alright if you watched her tomorrow night for me.  I have an important dinner I have to attend," I said and my mother nodded giving me a light kiss on the cheek.  I picked up Abby and we waved goodbye to my parents as we drove away from there estate home and towards our quiet house on a piece of land my family has owned for quite a while. 

"Mommy, can we stop and get some ice cream, pweaty please."  I smiled as her slight speech problem rose with the letter r and nodded.  I don't understand how my life was so amazing.