Chapter 13

Eli's POV

I drove up to Elisabeth's house at 7 in the morning.  The wedding didn't start till 10, but being the best man I had to get there early to help James.  I honked the horn and saw as Elisabeth walked out wearing the most stunning dress I had ever seen and had Abby on her back.  Abby was pointed and you could see she was screaming and laughing.  I got out of my car  to help Elisabeth when Abby jumped down from her mother and ran to me.  I could hear Elisabeth's shouts at her to slow down but she fell into my legs smiling up at me.  "Eli!!!!!"  She screamed as I picked her up and she gave me her strongest hug.

"Hey little devil, how are you feeling today?"  I asked and her smile grew.

"I feel gweat!  I'm off of bed west!"  I smiled at her speech problem and looked over at Elisabeth.  She was shaking her head, but she couldn't hide the smile on her face.  I walked back to my car and put Abby in the backseat as Elisabeth sat in the front. 

"I'm sorry we have to run Abby by my parents house, I hope you don't mind."  I smiled at her shaking my head as I drove out of her gravel driveway.  We made our way back into town with Abby talking nonstop about a dream she had.

"And then Batman came and he pulled me out of the building!  Can you believe that Eli?  BATMAN!"  I laughed and shook my head at the child as we finally pulled up into Elisabeth's parents house. 

"I'll be right back," she said as she chased after Abby who was already running up to the front door.  Right before she was about to knock Elisabeth snatched her up and spun her around.  I couldn't keep my eyes off Elisabeth.  She looked absolutely stunning, not by what she was wearing but the smile she had on her face.  The bruise was barely visible through the make up she had on.  You had to be looking in just the right spot to see the darker part of her skin.  Before I knew it I was left sitting in the car as Elisabeth and Abby had made their way inside. 

I sat in my car, enjoying the silence but missing the sound of Abby's voice and her mothers laughter.  I could never get over how different Elisabeth was when Abby was around.  It was like she was a completely different person.  She had the biggest smile on her face that never seemed to fall and she had practically no care for anything else but her daughters happiness.  She was an amazing mom and if I ever saw Abby's father I would beat the shit out of him for what he put her through. 

"Eli?"  I shook my head from my thought as I turned and in my passenger seat sat Erika.  I closed my eyes repeatedly but she was still there.  "Eli, it's so good to see you again."  I opened my mouth to respond but was to shocked  to see the love of my life in front of me.  "Eli I'm no longer the love of your life, stop thinking that.  You have someone new that you love and I want you to know that I want y'all to be together.  Elisabeth is an outstanding women and she gives you a run for your money." 

"Erika, you've got it wrong.  I love you, I don't love Elisabeth."  She smiled and laughed, oh how I had missed that laugh.

"Eli, open your eyes already.  What you feel for Elisabeth, well it is so much more than what we had."  She smiled and touched my cheek, her skin was icy cold and I had to close my eyes to resist pulling away from her touch.  It felt wrong.  "I have to go now Eli, but remember I'm okay with the two of you.  I couldn't have picked someone better."  I felt her hand leave my cheek and another hand on my shoulder pushing me lightly.  "It's time to wake up now Eli," the nudging continue. 

"Eli?  It's time to wake up," I opened my eyes and saw Elisabeth.  She was smiling at me and I shook my head to clear my vision.  "I wasn't gone for that long was I?"  She asked and I looked out the window to find myself still sitting in front of her parents house.