Chapter 11

Elisabeth's POV

I walked into Eli's office building with Miranda dreading this meeting.  It had been about a week since I last saw Eli and slept with him.  I hated to admit it to myself but I missed him.  I knew there was something wrong with me but I couldn't help it.  He had chiseled his way into my heart and it was going to take some time to get him out.  I walked into the conference room and saw James and Eli already seated.  I took my seat beside Eli and went ahead and got all my paperwork out.  I looked up at Eli and caught him staring at me. 

"So these are the places you asked me to look over and I've decided here would be a good place to set up our business."  I said professionally as I showed him the papers.  He smiled tiredly and nodded as he pulled out his laptop to do some research.

"I figured you would pick that place, so I went ahead and contacted my partners in that area."  He opened up a folder showing me pie charts and graphs about the ratio of setting the business there.  "I was told there is a lot to be done in this area and it is going to cost a lot to build here, but in China the labor pay is not as high as here, so we should be able to make your company enough money to pay off the building cost and then some."  I looked at him completely surprised.

"I will be paying the workers there as much as I would be paying them here," he looked at me stunned and opened his mouth to speak but I shook my head.  "I don't know how you run your business, but I'm going to run my fair.  Even if it is in a different country."  He smiled slightly and began bringing up different places that would hold the material we would need to start building.  I laughed and shook my head once more.  "Eli, I am a metal company.  We have the material to set the foundation, now show me the places to make my walls."  He looked taken aback by my response and went ahead to the search engine.  I looked over at Miranda and James to see them smiling at Eli and I.

"So Elisabeth, I'm allowed to bring a guest to James and Trini's wedding."  I looked at her, trying to figure out where she was going with this.  "And Eli doesn't have a guest yet, so you should go together."  I chocked on air and looked at Eli and back to the mischievous duo in front of us.

"I don't think that will be good, I mean I have Abby and all."  She laughed and shook her head. 

"Don't worry about it, I already talked to your mom and she is more than happy to watch her for you.  So you and Eli can go together."  I turned to Eli and he had a smug look on his face. 

"Thank you so much Miranda for that, I'd love to take Miss Portman as my date."  I stared at him in shock.  Who the hell does he think he is?  I don't want to fucking be his date.  Hell no, I'll find some way to get out of it.

"Elisabeth were you listening to a work I said?"  I turned to Miranda and smiled innocently at her. 

"Of course I was, and that sounds like a great idea."  I said hoping that went along with what she had just asked me.

"Oh really?"  She raised and eyebrow at me.  "So it is alright for you to come dress shopping with me and have Eli pick you up at my place before the wedding?"  I bite my lip and nodded trying not to show my irritation.  I knew what kind of dress she would have me in, just the kind you should not be wearing to a freaking wedding.  Don't get me wrong, I love Miranda to death, but the dresses she has been trying to get me into lately have barely even cover my ass. 

"Like I said Miranda that sounds like a great idea, when is the wedding?"  I asked and James looked at me.

"In three weeks," I smiled and turned my attention back to my work, hoping that something would fall through the ceiling and kill me before I had to endure any more of this torture that Eli was perfectly fine with putting me through. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into my house after a long day going over the paper work and the skype call with Eli's partners in China.  My mother sat on the couch, reading some magazine.  I cleared my throat to get her attention and she smiled up at me.  "Hi darling, how was work?"  She asked and I shook my head glaring at her.

"A little Birdie just so happened to tell me that you agreed to watch Abby in three weeks while I attend a wedding, care to explain?"  I asked and her smile grew innocent. 

"Oh honey, I just think that you and that Eli boy would have so much fun.  And he isn't that bad on the eyes either."  I shook my head at my mothers childish ways and walked off to Abby's room.  When I opened the door I was greeted by the sound of the t.v. and Abby laughing at something said. 

"Hey baby girl," I said and she turned to look at me her eyes growing huge.

"Mommy!"  I smiled and walked over to her bed sitting down beside her.  "Mommy, when do I get to leave my bed?"  She asked and I kissed her head gently.  Her hair was growing back little by little and I knew it killed her to be bald.  She was constantly asking me to buy her a wig.

"In a week sweetheart.  You heard what the doctor said."  She looked at me upset and I pulled her into my arms.  "Hey don't be sad, soon you'll be out and playing outside in no time."  She smiled and continued to watch the tv.  Just as it began to get dark she started to drift asleep.

"Mommy, that mean guy came by the house today.  He brought me a teddy bear," I looked at her shocked.  Eli had come by the house today?  "And he told me to give you this," she gave me a card and I kissed her cheek, telling her goodnight as I walked to my bedroom.  My mother had left about an hour ago, without saying goodbye.  I only knew she left because I heard the gravel under her tires as she went.  I opened the card and slowly read his writing:

I'm sorry that you have to endure a night as my date.  I know I hurt you and I'm sorry about that.  But after the wedding I'll be out of your hair other than work.  I hope you have a great evening,

with my fullest apology

Eli.

I stared at the card and smiled to myself.  How can he still give me butterflies after what happened?