Chapter 3

Eli's POV

"Do you really think this is a good idea?  I mean making the business partner a pawn is risky business and you heard what your father said."  I looked at James as I straightened my tie to leave for dinner.  Elisabeth put her self in these shoes.

"Cameron don't tell me how I should play the game," I said using his first name, seeing the disgust cross his face.  He hated being called by his first name. 

"Fine whatever dude, but when this back fires it's all on you."  He said while shaking his head walking out of the office.  Who the hell does he think he is?  If it wasn't for me he wouldn't even know about the bed game.  See the game is where each time you have sex with a women you put a notch on your bed and there's rules that go along with that, but I haven't the time to go into detail about said rules. 

I walked out to my car, putting the directions that Elisabeth gave me into my GPS.  I was planning on just meeting her there, but she had last minute car problems, but I think that's just a load of shit.  Her car is probably nicer than mine, no way she could be having car problems. I knew this trick all to well, a girl said she was having car problems so that she had no way to go home but for I to take her and at that point she would seduce me.  Yet I thought I knew the trick all so well until I pulled up from the little country road outside of town into a drive way to see Elisabeth walking out of the house with a rag and oil rubbed across her forehead. 

I parked my car, slowly getting out as I took in the view.  This was a truly breath taking sight, living in the city for so long I hardly ever got to enjoy the country.  I walked up to her carefully as I saw smoke rising from her car.  I thought her car was nicer than my own but in reality it was an old beat up truck.  "Um do you need any help?"  I asked as I saw her messing with something inside.  I couldn't tell you a thing about cars, that was one thing I never inherited from my father. 

She looked up shocked to see me here and then down to her watch, "shit." She mumbled to no one in particular and smiled apologetically at me.  "Sorry I lost track of time trying to fix my truck.  Let me just go clean up real quick and we can be on our way."  She said in a ramble as she slammed the hood down.  "You are welcome to come in and wait if you like," she spoke softly this time and I nodded following her inside the house.  I looked around feeling a slight comfort from the home like vibe the house gave off until my eyes settled on a few toys scattered across the floor. 

"You have a child?"  I asked feeling the need to run out the door.  She smiled and began to move her head before stopping.

"No, that's my little sister.  She stayed the night last night and I haven't had a chance to clean up after her.  Go ahead and make yourself at home."  She said as she walked down the hallway into a room.  I began to look at the photos across the wall and smiled.  Her sister looked exactly like her.  Except for the eyes, she had someone else's eyes.  I'm guessing Elisabeth's mothers eyes since I've met Elisabeth's father just a few hours ago confirming the deal.  I knew tonight was going to have a turn for the worse so I already met and discussed the deal.  The paperwork had been signed and we would start working together next week. 

I sat down on the couch after my little tour of the living room looking occasionally at my watch.  Our reservations were in thirty minutes and I didn't want to be late.  I opened my mouth to ask if she was almost ready when I heard the door open.  She walked into the room in a black sleeveless dress that went to her knees and her hair was held back.  She didn't wear any make-up from what I could tell but she looked stunning none-the-less. 

"Are you ready Elisabeth?"  I asked finding the words to speak.  It had been a long time since a girl had left me speech less and it was an unfamiliar feeling to me.  She smiled and nodded walking with me towards the door.  I noticed she didn't lock it and looked at her quizzical.