Chapter 3

After talking to my mom and crying for about a hour with her, I headed upstairs. The spaghetti that was in my hair started to turn sour and stink. I headed to my room and opened the door.

The smell of my room hit me like a ton if bricks. It smelled really good, and although I didn't have many luxuries, I had air fresheners. The scent was like pineapples and rainbows, if you could even can a rainbow.

My brown carpet had stains on it and papers were strewn everywhere. In the far corner, I had a yellow bean bag chair and in the other corner was my 'office' otherwise known as my desk that had many books and papers on it. My walls were a ghastly white, and had a few posters in them. My bed was a blue, deep color and my nightstand's white paint was chipping off.

I sighed and headed to my bathroom. It wasn't big nor pretty. Everything was white, even the walls and floor. "I wish I could customize this," I muttered out loud as I grabbed a white towel from the closet.

Stripping out of my clothes and throwing them in the hamper, I turn on the water. It was super cold, then super hot. Finally it was just right.

I stepped in and watched as peices of noodle went surprisingly down the drain. "This is disgusting. She will most definetly pay for this." I told myself.

When the gunk was off of my head and body I rubbed in a shampoo. I scratched my scalp as I thought about Reece. I know, crazy right? I couldn't stop thinking about if he saw what happened.

He probably didn't, but it was really embarrassing and I hope no one remembers it. After I had washed my body off and was safely clean I stepped out of the shower.

Only then did I realize I didn't even grab any clean clothes. I wrapped a big towel around me, then one around my hair. I walked out of the bathroom then headed for my closet. I grabbed a pair of black pajama bottoms and a regular t-shirt.

I closed my closet door and walked to my dresser, grabbing some undergarments. Then, I scurried back to the bathroom and changed. While I was in there I decided to comb and dry my hair.

I walked out of the bathroom and flopped down on my bed. On my bedside table, my phone buzzed. The screen read 'Emma Stone'. No, not the celeb, my bff. Her name was Emma McEntire, but she had dark red hair, so I just started calling her Emma Stone. Soon the name clicked, and that's what most people call her.

I flipped open the phone and put it to my ear. Emma's voice came through the line, but it sounded raspy.

"I'm so sorry I didn't come today! My throat is really scratchy and I had uncle trouble to deal with! And-"

"Emma, slow down, its fine," I interrupted her. "But I do have something to tell you."

"Okay, go ahead, spill the beef."

I laughed at her. "Its beans, not beef, but anyways.."

I told her about all the events of today. It sucked just to relive them in my head.

"Dude, she didn't!"

"Yup. Spilled it right there on me infont of everyone." I told her.

"Did Reece see?" She asked. That was the only question in my mind right now that was unanswered.

"I don't know. I wish I could say he didn't, but I'm not certain."

"UGH! She just makes me so mad! I'm gonna rip her pretty extensions out by the root! She's gonna get it tomorrow!" She yelled through the phone.

"You don't have to do anything, I'll take care of it."

"You'll take care of it? How? What are you going to do?"

"I'm not sure, but I will get my revenge."

"Hey, my mom's calling me so I got to go! I'll see you tomorrow Abigale!"

"Okay, bye!" I hung up with her. I glanced at my alarm clock.

7:47 P.M.

Pretty soon it will be time for bed. I let out a yawn. Geeze I'm sleepy.

It was about time for my dad to get back from the field. He bought this extremely huge plot of land for a couple grand, and he's been digging for oil and other rich fluids. He's been digging for nearly a year, now. But of course, no such luck. Every time he dug, the hole would be empty. He would get up around eight and get home at eight. Nonstop digging. My mom thought he was crazy, and that the land was useless. But he was hell bent on finding something there.

"Abigale! Your father's home! Time for dinner!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"Okay! Coming!" I tell her as I bounce off the bed and walk downstairs.

I walk past the living room, into the kitchen. My dad is sitting at the table, his back turned to me. My mom, however, is sitting opposite of him.

She has black stuff smeared all over her face, and her eyes are watery. A big--no--huge smile is on her lips. She's staring back at me with her huge blue eyes.

"What?" I ask. Okay, something is up. "Where's the food?" I look at the table and nothing is there, just white plates.

"Abigale, sit down, honey." My dad tells me, his back still facing me.

"Okay..." I trail off and take a seat somewhat between them.

I look at my dad, his brown eyes were also watery, but he wasn't smiling like my mom.

"Your mother told me about what happened at school. And about how you wished and prayed that we didn't live like this." I nodded to him. "Well, what would you do if I told you we didn't have to live like this anymore?"

"What are you saying?" My voice was slow and shakey. It couldn't be...

"WE STRUCK OIL!" My mom yells all of a sudden, standing up, and waving her arms in the air.

"WHAT?!" I ask, also standing up.

"YOUR FATHER DUG IN THE FAR CORNER AND THE BLACK GOLD SPEW OUT OF THE GROUND LIKE LAVA!" My mom continues to yell.

"OH MY GODS THATS FANTASTIC!" Tears started to well up and I was soon crying in my mom and dad's arms.

Now that I noticed my dad's clothes, they were soaked with black, sticky stuff. They both has smudge marks on their tear-soaked faces. My dad had oil around his lips and my mom did too.

Looks like they got a little handy with the celebrations.

No words could describe how I felt right now. Ecstatic? Joyful? Thankful? Happy? Content?

The list could go on and on. "We're going to be rich, sweetheart." My dad tells me.

"I know. It feels awesome! I can't wait to go to the mall! When do we get the money?" I ask.

"Well, they are doing the paperwork on it, right now. So, I would say tomorrow." He answers.

This was it. What was the worst day of my entire life, suddenly became the best day I'd ever had.

-A/N-

I don't really have anything to say... So vote, comment, etc. Pic of Chasity at the top/side! (Played by Ashley Tisdale)

#randomfactaboutme

My favorite fruit has to be either strawberries or pineapples.

~Espella ♡♥♡♥