Chapter 15

JAX

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask once we're outside. I don't know if I'm angry with her or just in shock.

Tinsley looks torn. "I wanted to, but Gemma didn't want anyone to know. I couldn't betray her trust so I just kept my mouth shut. I'm sorry."

"What about total disclosure, Tins?" I ask.

"I know." She nods, her eyes filling with tears. "How mad at me are you?"

I let out a breath that's a mix between a dark laugh and a sigh. "A little." I say. "But I'm fucking furious with Weston. After this shit, he won't be breathing much longer."

Tinsley sees my rage and holds Abel tighter, taking a step back. It's tiny, but I know her mannerisms well enough to notice it.

"Hey." I say, reaching for her as I do my best to calm down. "I'd never take my anger out on you."

"No. I know." She shakes her head. "Just the look in your eye; it reminded me of that night, of him."

"What'd he do to you?" I ask, cupping her cheek.

She closes her eyes as she leans into my palm. "Are you sure you want to hear this?"

"I have to know." I tell her.

After a brief moment of silence, she nods. "Total disclosure." She whispers to herself before speaking again. "At first, Weston only had eyes for me, he did nothing but stare for awhile. Your mom tried to protect me but I told her I was fine; I wanted her to focus on herself, she didn't need to worry about me too. He said I was brave and it was no wonder you had a thing for me. He tried to grab my chest."

I feel my insides churn at the thought of another man's hands on my old lady. Tinsley sees the look of disgust on my face and takes a hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers as she continues her story. "Since he had me tied up all I could do was spit in his face. Weston slapped me and asked if I was gonna fight him till the end. I told him I would until I was dead. Then he said I wouldn't be yours for long before he knocked me out."

"Fuck!" I hiss, turning away from Tinsley in an attempt to hide my anger. When I turn back around I make sure to soften my gaze. "How could you be so stupid, Tins? Egging him on like that? He could have raped you. Could have killed you!"

"That wouldn't have happened." She says.

"How would you know? You were unconscious!" Tinsley cringes at my tone. "According to my mom, if she hadn't of stopped him he would have taken you right there on the asphalt. So stop trying to think there's good in everyone!" I shout. "Some people are just plain bad."

Her voice is quiet. "I'm not naïve. I don't think he's a good person, Jax." A tear finds its way down her cheek and I regret how harsh I've been with her.

"Come here." I sigh. Tinsley doesn't move from her spot in front of me and she pulls away when I reach for her.

"I'm gonna take Abel home, I'll stay at my brother's tonight." She says, opening the door to my truck.

"Tinsley!" I call, grabbing her wrist before she can get my son in his car seat.

She spins around, yanking herself from my grasp. "Stop, Jax! Just stop!" The tears are pouring from her eyes now and Abel cries too, feeling her stress.

"Baby." I whisper as I feel my own eyes start to burn. I wrap my arms around her, forcing her body against mine. She doesn't fight me this time.

Tinsley continues to cry into my chest as I stroke her hair. "I'm sorry." I tell her. "This isn't your fault."

When she's finished, I press a kiss to the top of her head. "Are you ok?"

She nods against me and I pull away from her to look at her face. As I wipe away her tears and smudged make up, I apologize again. "I'm just so glad you're ok, relieved he didn't get to you like he did Ma; and I don't always know how to deal with my emotions, you know that."

Tinsley gives a weak smile and I kiss her gently. "We're good though, right?"

"Always." She whispers, kissing me again.  She then looks down at Abel. He presses his face into her shoulder as he whimpers and she comfortingly rubs his back.

"Mommy's ok, son." I tell him as I ruffle his blonde hair.

"Mommy?" Tinsley questions with a smile.

I can't help the grin that spreads across my face. "Yea. You're his mother, Tins. Now, let's get our family home."

TINSLEY

I'm brushing my teeth the next morning when the doorbell rings.

I race down the hall, toothbrush still in my mouth as I answer the door. "Neeta." I garble out around the mouthful of toothpaste. "One second."

I spit everything into the kitchen sink, quickly rinsing it out before returning to the door. "Sorry about that. Please, come in." I say letting her into the house. "I wasn't expecting you today."

"Mr. Jax called me this morning, said he wanted you to have the day off." She says.

"Oh." I'm a little surprised but equally touched by his sweet gesture. "Well I guess I'll head out then. Abel's in the living room in his jumper." I tell her as I grab my purse and the keys to the truck off the counter.

"Give him a kiss from me; and thanks again, Neeta!" I say as I leave.

I get out to the truck before looking down at my outfit: yoga pants tucked into uggs and a tank top. 'Good enough.' I shrug before getting into the vehicle.

My first plan is to get coffee and a muffin from the little coffee shop in town. Once I've gotten my order, I head to Opie's house to get the things I left when Abel and I stayed with him.

No one is home so I grab the spare key that's hidden in the backyard, letting myself into the house. I clean up the kitchen and living room before heading upstairs.

I'm in the master bedroom packing up the baby toys we left when I hear the front door slam open. I assume it's just my brother; but take comfort in the fact that there's a gun in the drawer of the nightstand, if I need it.

I move on to the portable crib, about to break it down when Opie enters the room, carrying a half naked Lyla on his waist.

They move down to floor, obviously taking no notice of me. My brother crawls on top of the blonde, kissing her heavily.

"Oh my god!" I shout, throwing my hands up and turning around.

"Shit! Tins, what are you doing here?" Opie asks. He pulls Lyla up with him as he stands, moving to stand in front of her to block her from my view.

"Hi, Lyla." I smirk.

She waves tentatively from behind my brother and I see his face flush in embarrassment. "Why are you in my house?" He asks again.

"Relax. I was getting the things I left here from the other night but I'll just get them later. Have fun, brother!" I tease, walking from the room. "See ya, Lyla." I call over my shoulder and a pillow connects with the back of my head.