Chapter 49-Letting Go: Part 1

Hey guys! So...here is the first part of this chapter. It's really long so that's why I decided to split it up into two parts. I hope you guys enjoy it! I also want to mention that this chapter takes place in the course of three days. If there's any confusion please tell me so I can fix it and it flows better :)

So, this chapter is dedicated to innamorare!  She is AMAZING!!! I recently started to talk to her and we have already become fast friends. She's also a great writer. Her work has become one of my favorites here and I bet that you guys will like it too! So check them out :))

I will also love to thank every single person who reads, comments, and all that jazz. You guys don't know how much this means to me. I really appreciate everything that you guys do. YOU are the best!!! :D

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 49-Letting Go: Part 1

He kept me locked in for two days.

Gabriel cast a barrier around the cabin that acted like an invisible force field.  No one could go in or out without his knowledge and control, which made it that much harder to be able to leave.  I first found out about the barrier when I tried to sneak out the door after breakfast on Wednesday.  Gabriel was taking a shower and I thought that it was the perfect chance to sneak outside.

I was wrong.

The moment that I tried to walk out the door I ran smack into an invisible wall. I put my hand out and started to hit the barrier, trying to find a way out.  I was so concentrated on finding an exit that I didn’t hear Gabriel come behind me and stand there, watching my frenzy.

“Told you I’d find a way.”  I jumped at his voice and whirled around to see the smirk on his face.  His eyes were dancing with amusement and it made me even more angry.

“That’s cheating!  Why would you do this?  What are we supposed to do?  I can’t be locked inside, know that.”  I protested. 

He chuckled.  “Oh, I can think of plenty of things to do.”  He raised his left eyebrow, a sly smile on his face.

I scoffed.  “Really, Gabe.  Really.”  I walked past him and locked myself in a guest bedroom for the rest of that day. 

Gabriel came to my door several during the duration of the day.  He would ask that I come out and that he was sorry for doing this to me but that it was necessary for my own protection.  I understood the meaning of his intentions but it didn’t mean that I liked it.  What made me angry at him was that he didn’t listen to anything I told him that morning.  He blocked it all out because he didn’t want to accept the truth of my words. 

You’re being too harsh on him…

Love him; nothing more and nothing less… 

I nodded, feeling gratitude for Death’s advice.  I guess I was being too harsh on him and I’d blown this whole thing out of proportion.  Hmm… Smiling I said, “Thank you,” and walked out of my locked room.

After that first day, it wasn’t so bad.  Gabriel and I spent that night curled up in each other’s arms with a blanket, watching the flames dance in the fireplace.  It filled the entire room with a warmth glow, reminding me of the night of the camping trip.  The night where I burned my tongue, the night we took our first moonlight walk, the night that we first kissed.

That night seemed so long ago like it was from a different lifetime.  How time just flies by before your eyes and seasons change as does life.  Every moment is precious and you can’t let little things ruin it.  That’s why I overlooked Gabriel’s protectiveness.  It wasn’t worth fighting about.  But being with Gabriel was something that was worth fighting for until my time came.  I would treasure every moment with him.