Chapter 1: Getting Out

"Darling, would you mind if I went out for a while?" I ask my boyfriend, Chris. "Ya, but be back before dinner. I want Chicken Dumplings tonight." He answers. I silently roll my eyes and sweetly say "sure, I'll get changed Be right back." He nods and stares back at the tv. I can't even make out what show he is watching because the tv is so messed up. Finally, I go upstairs to change and write in my diary.

Dear Diary,

    He's not the best boyfriend, but I guess if I try to leave he'll beat me up...again and again. That is not a good idea right now, I'm trying to get a good job and I don't need anymore distractions.

    He used to be so sweet. We were like best friends in Junior High and we met again at the Mall and then just...bam we were inseparable. But then he got tired of me and I know he's cheating, but won't leave me. He says we are just friends now. But I don't agree with how much he's abused me already.

    I've got to go punch some things. Talk to you later Diary

-love Evelyn S

    As I change, I can hear Chris yelling and throwing things down stairs. He probably figured out that I didn't make him his hot coffee this morning. Crap. Better go out the window. I slip on my thin sweater shirt and some basketball pants.

    Then I open the slot in the window that I made. I look back at the door and when I don't see Chris, I smile and jump out the window. My back slides down the roof and onto the top of another building top. Never gets old.

      I wonder why I'm still putting up with this stuff. I mean seriously. I do self defense all the time. I should be able to take out my boyfriend. But, I've really not come to the conclusion to do so, plus he has no idea I don't have a job. I've just always thought that maybe he'll change, but so far he hasn't.

    I guess I'm pretty mellow about those things, cause I've gotten used to being yelled at and beaten. It's sad really.

     As I keep thinking these thoughts I jump off the building and run down the street to the nearest gym.