Chapter 6: Somebody that I used to love

(This chapter is so cute. I can't stand it! Yay! Read happily.)

    Once I'm home with the Chinese take out, I grab the key out of my pocket. I put the key in the door, but I stop myself. It's way too quiet.

     Once I open the door, Chris runs at me with a one of those things that you use to kneed dough...what's the word...well, anyways. He almost hit me in the face with it but I duck out of the way and kick my leg back knocking him over.

        During all this I'm still surprised I am still holding the take out bag in my hands. I set the bag down on the table and turn to Chris, who is on the ground snoring loudly. Stupid idiot drank too much. Take out's for me tonight! Boom! I laugh at myself and drag Chris into the bedroom.

      He's so quiet and calm when he's sleeping. I tuck the sheets under his chin. He snores softly and I smile at him. I wish he'd been a good boyfriend. Now is a good time to let go.

      I decide to call Lena, Chris's other girlfriend, and tell her that she can have him. But, before I do call her, I kiss Chris gently on the lips. He's out like a light and he doesn't feel a thing, or so I thought.

          Chris gently kisses back and I smile and pull away. "You feeling ok, babe?" I ask softly. He grins and says "I feel like shit." I grin back at him. "I brought take out." I say. He laughs. "I'm fine for now." He says. I laugh at him. "Be right back." I say and walk into the bathroom.

     These are the moments I love the most. He's so sweet and nice when he's on hangover. But, I know he doesn't remember anything but pain in the morning. I usually focus on the sweet parts first. He was always the sweet boy in Junior high and half of high school. I used to love him

    I walk out of the bathroom wearing my pajamas (main.original.585x0) Chris lays in bed sleeping and I climb in next to him. He turns and wraps an arm around me. I lay on my side so he spoons me. These are the moments.

     I'm not ready for the morning when he's gonna be angry and mean. I just wish I could stay like this forever but maybe with another person who isn't this confusing. I want a better moment, with a better person.

     "I love you, Evie." He whispers. I almost gasp in surprise. I've never heard those words come out of his mouth in like...never! And his being in hangover too. This is rare. Very rare. I decide to say anything back. "Goodnight, love" I choose to say. I feel Chris grin against my skin.

     This moment is beautiful. I miss this Chris Carter. I used to love him. With that I fall asleep peacefully and I feel warm again.