Chapter 10: Kissing Steve Rogers

"Hey, Evie!" A familiar voice calls. I can barley hear him over the blasting slow dance songs. I turn and see Steve making his way around people to get to me. "Yeah?" I ask, once he gets to the lounge area. "How's it going?" Steve asks. "Great actually, I think Clint really likes me for my 'spunk', Bruce and I share the same likings, and Thor and I like action and combat. I don't really know about Natasha or Tony yet because...Tony is Tony and Natasha is like really not talkative." I explain. Steve nods and listens to me speak. How sweet.

"So...how's your dancing?" I ask Steve. Steve looks a bit startled and scared. "Um...it's,fine. I'm not really big on dancing though." He says, nervously. I think for a while but then it hits me. Peggy still has a saved dance with him. "Omg, Steve I'm so sorry. I thought you'd gotten over that. I um.-" "Evie, it's ok. I have to get over it someday. Thankfully it's with you." He says, putting in his hand out. I blush and take his surprisingly soft hand.

We walk towards the dance floor and I see Clint wink at me out of the corner of my eye. I blush and wave him off. I'm gonna dance with Steve.

His soft hands graze my waist and my callused hands rest on his muscular shoulders. We stare into each other's eyes and sway slowly to the music. (Chasing Pavements by Adele) I feel like I'm in a romance movie, perfect music, perfect partner, sorta perfect place.

When Adele hits the last note Steve looks down at me and leans in. I meet him halfway and kiss him right on the lips. I instantly feel happiness pour out of me. It's nothing like he kisses Chris gave me. It's sweet and soft and beautiful. We pull away. I blush and look down. Steve smiles at me, wraps an arm around my waist, and leads me back to the lounge. I kissed Steve Rogers.

Clint is hiding a smirk and I can even see Natasha smiling. I guess they saw everything. The rest of the crew sits down talking. Steve and I plop down on the couch, his arm still around me. "I saw your little meeting, how was it, Evie? Is he still as good as he was seventy years ago?" Tony asks. I roll my eyes. "Even better." I say, smirking. Steve blushes a deep shade of red. I laugh. "Awwwww.." I say, pinching his cheeks. He pulls my hands away. Tony laughs at this. I'm still trying to get over that fact that I kissed Captain America.

"Well, we've got something serious to talk about." Steve says, now leaning into the circle. The group leans in too. I don think they want me to listen so I shrug and get up, leaving the conversation. I sit down at the bar and order a Shirley Temple. "How's it going miss?" The bartender asks flipping buttons and stuff as he makes my drink. I look up at him and see a familiar face. My friend from high school.

"Zac! Hey, it's going great!" I say, standing up to hug him. Zac hugs back and laughs. "How's the career?" I ask him, sitting down again. "Great! I've starred in a bunch of movies now. You should watch The Neighbor." He answers. "Ok, I plan on it." I say, sneaking a glands over to the avengers. "How'd you become a bartender?" I ask him. "Tony just knows a bunch of celebrities, a.k.a me, and I like attending parties." He says. I laugh. "Ok, Mr. I've got to go, but I'll text you." I say. Zac nods and I wave goodbye.

Author's Note: I don't know why I put Zac in there but oh well