Chapter 17: The Mission

The crew takes down many bad guys, but I haven't really done anything yet. Until we finally get to where the rest of the crew. I learned their names on the ship but know I forget.

Finally they all explain what we are gonna do. Agent Rumlow tells us that we should move in.

It all goes by so fast. First the agents are knocking out the guard at the door. Then, Natasha is coming in through the second route. Finally we get the door knocked down and then we take out all the guards. I go with Steve to take out the leader, Batroc.

He lunges forward and knocks out the first guard with one punch. I smile and run towards my first target, Batroc. He seems very little and I thought I could take him out. I was very wrong. My left foot connects with his face and he stumbles back. I smirk and go again for a punch, but he takes my arm and spins it around and behind my back. I gasp in pain

Steve tries to help me the Batroc just presses me against him even more. Finally, I stop being all cute and scared. My right elbow connects with his gut and I spin out of his grasp. He stumbles back again and I kick him in the nuts and then I punch him in the face and then I slam his knee against my thigh. He drops to the ground, unconscious.

I smirk and look at Steve. His eyebrows are raised and he is holding a small camera. "Tony said I might need it to show Fury. You did that in two seconds!" Steve said. I laugh. "Yeah, I guess I did. He's a feisty one," I told Steve, smiling triumphantly.

Then out of the corner of my eye I see a flash of red hair. I pull Steve towards the room. Natasha sits on a chair in front a computer and she is typing, rapidly. Her hair swishes around her face as she looks from two computers at once.

"I thought the mission is to extract the hostages," Steve said, angrily. "It is. But I've got another mission from Fury," Natasha said, shrugging. Steve still looks angry so I decide to leave him alone for a bit.

Finally Natasha is done with whatever she is doing and then a man runs in through the door. I quickly knock him out and Nat claps, but then we hear a beeping sound. "Three, two," Steve grabs me by the waist and Nat by the hand and we jump out the window after Steve punches through it.

The heat gets to me like an insult to an innocent girl. After the room explodes and Steve, Nat and I get out in time, we hear our radios beeping. I groan and try to sit up, but Steve pulls me back down as a flame lashes out at me. "Thanks," I told Steve. He nods and scolds Nat about her triggering the bomb. Then he walks off and I stay with Nat to help her out.