Chapter 20: Motorcycle Ride

Later that night, I was hanging with Steve in our room. He asked me if I wanted to go a museum. I said yes and we walked out to the garage. Steve walks towards his motorcycle and I gasp. If there was one thing in the world that I was afraid of it was motorcycles. I hate motorcycles. I did not even know Steve had one. "Oh, no. Steve I'm not going on that thing," I tells him. Steve holds out a helmet.

"Yes, you are Evie. There is no way I'm gonna drive in that car when you haven't rode a motorcycle," he tells me. I shake my head. "No, Steve. I'm really really afraid of those things," I tell him, pointing my shaky finger at the motorcycle. The thought of being on that thing just scares me. I mean how to you keep it straight while your on it. I don't even like being on a bicycle. I like cars because it has more protection on it rather than just wheels and a seat. "Come on," he whines, making a pouting face. I look deeply into his eyes and he bats his eyelashes.

I can't say no to that face. "Fine, but I'm gonna put on an extra jacket," I tell him, grabbing his jacket from the back of the seat. Steve slings his leg over the middle and puts both his feet on the feet thingys. He hold and hand out and I take it. I put my leg over the middle and hop on. I put on the helmet but it slips down onto my nose.

My hands grasp Steve's waist and I can see him smirking in the rear view mirror. "This is not funny, Rogers," I tell him, frowning. Steve starts the engine and I scream at the loudness.

"Ok, I'm done," I say, trying to get up. Steve pulls me back down and puts his hands on the 'wheel'. I mumble my prayers while he starts moving forward. I close my eyes and hug Steve closer. "You are gonna be fine," he tells me. I shake my head and burry my head in his back. We start to head out of the garage slowly and then he puts in a ticket to get out.

Once we get on the free way I lift my head up. The scenery whooshes past and I my eyes water because of all the wind. "You ok?" Steve asks. "Um...yeah...sorta," I tell him. Steve chuckles loudly, his whole back rumbling and making my head bounce up and down. I almost laugh at him but I'm too scared. This is not that bad. I tell myself. The scenery flys past even quicker and the engine makes a grunting sound. I scream again and Steve chuckles.

"Ok, Steve, that's enough!" I scream at him, tears flowing down my face. Steve stops laughing and sure enough we approaches the museum. The horrific ride comes to an end. "Evelyn, I'm sorry, I thought you were having fun I-" "Save it! I told you I was afraid of motorcycles and you still made me go. You should know better soldier!" I scream at him, hopping off the seat. Steve winces my tone.

My feet start moving before I tell them to. I run off and inside the museum with Steve yelling after me. The tears flow freely now and my body shakes as I cry. I sit down at a bench, petrified, inside the museum by an exhibit that I have yet to notice. I wipe tears from my flushed cheeks. He should have known better.