Chapter 18: Clint has a what?!

Finally, Steve and I get home around twelve. I love calling Steve's apartment home. The thought of it makes me smile. Steve and I walk hand in hand towards the bathroom. I check my burns on my face and look at Steve who is doing the same thing.

The water is cold on my face, but it cools the burn down and makes me sigh in relief. Steve looks at me and I frown at his wounds. "Trust me. It gets worse," he says. I laugh and take the cold damp towel to him. I gently wipe the burn on his cheekbone.

"Nat could have ruined the whole mission," Steve says. I sigh. "True, but she didn't and that's all you've got to worry bout," I tell him. Steve sighs. "Fine," he says. I laugh at him. "Your so silly," I tell him, pinching his unharmed cheek. Steve just shakes his head. I laugh again.

We are back at S.H.I.E.L.D the next day. Steve and I walk into Fury's office. "You just had to lie," Steve says. I roll my eyes. He's mad at Fury again. "I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than you," Fury says, not even looking up from his tablet.

"And you didn't feel obliged to share," Steve says. "I'm not obliged to do anything," Fury says. I grin. "Those hostages could have died," Steve said. "I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that doesn't happen," Fury says, raising his eyebrows. "Soldiers trust each other. Soldiers aren't people who just run around with guns," Steve says.

"Last time I trusted someone I lost an eye. Anyways, Agent Sanders needs to get to work," Fury says, changing the subject. He probably knows Steve will stop after bringing me into the conversation. Steve looks over at me. I smile innocently. He rolls his eyes and I laugh.

"I saw footage of you taking down Batroc," Fury says, smirking. "Yeah, I was hoping you'd see that," I said, matching his smirk. "I think you have flair for self-defense," Fury says. I nod. "Yeah, I act better when I have a short time to think, ya know?" I say, casually trying not to be boastful. Fury grins.

"Yes, I can tell. Today you will train with Clint because I have a feeling you'll be good with a bow," Fury says, motioning at the door. I turn me head slowly to the door and see Clint smiling at me. I smile back at him and thank Fury. I give Steve a short kiss before leaving with Clint.

"He's totally in love with you, ya know," Clint says, leading me towards the archery range. "I-I don't know. He hasn't really asked me out yet. We are sorta awkward friends who kiss each other," I tell him. Clint laughs.

"I can see it in his eyes. It's the same look my wife said she saw in me when we were dating, pure bliss," Clint says. "You have a wife?" I say gasping for air dramatically. This was a shock to me and was not super excited to meet his wife. Hopefully I could sometime soon. Clint laughs at my reaction.

"You didn't think I'm a loner did you?" He asks, then he speeds up and runs to the archery range. I laughs and run to catch up to him. Clint has a wife!