Chapter 23: Miss Jealousy

"Well... What do I do?" I ask, fidgeting with my hands uncomfortably. Kate just looks at me with disgust. "You could help me bring this poor guy back to S.H.I.E.L.D." She says, making it seem obvious. My body tenses and I fight back the urge to punch her.

    We carry Fury's body to her car and strap him in in the back. I see his head flopping around as we drive down the bumpy road in silence. My eyes start to water again and I can feel my lip start to quiver. He was such a cool guy to send me on my first mission on the first day. I was so happy with my job.

     "Don't you dare start crying..." Kate says, under her breath. My mouth curls into a snarl. "Seriously? What the heck is wrong with you?!" I almost scream at her. Kate just smirks. I start to get really angry so I just sit on my hand to ensure I won't punch her and make her crash the car.

    After a while I can't help, but talk. "You know, Steve is going to be my boyfriend not yours," I tell here matching her snarl.

    Kate head doesn't turn around, but I can see her eyes burn with fire. "I was going to ask his at the party, butt you just happened to be with him. I had been planning on it for weeks!'' She tells me, her voice like a bully to a bullied kid. Then the guilt sinks in.

     We don't speak for a while, we just sit in an uncomfortable silence. "I never knew anything thing about you I until now." I tell her, calmly. '' and what do you know now'' she ask with her drawling voice. "That you had a crush and I took him away from you. And for that I'm sorry,'' I tell her, sincerely. She scoffs, but I can tell she heard me and was thinking about what I said. We don't talk for the rest of the ride.

   ''You are forgiven,'' she says as we pull in. I smile at her and she smiles the slightest bit back. We take Fury out and bring him in. Instantly people start to take him to the ER. We give him up and go to the lounge for some coffee.

     Steve gets to the office around ten minutes later with a surprised look on his face. I give him a look that means 'we'll talk later'. The operators work on Fury. Steve, Nat, and I watch hopefully. The monitor beeps. He is not dead so far. When everyone thinks that he'll be safe, the monitor goes off again. Beeeeep. And that's when the tears come.