Chapter 28: Chatting With The Monster

---sorry for not updating this. I got a little bit of writers block

---Evelyn's P.O.V.---

I woke with a start and opened my eyes quickly to take in my surroundings. It was dark with a small white chair in the corner. In that chair sat a man with dark long hair. His eyes were closed and his head was hanging by his shoulder. (He's not dead guys) I would recognize that hair anywhere.

Loki. My breath started to get louder as I started to panic. Where was I? Why had he brought me here? Where was Steve? Was he okay? Questions started to float in my head as I became dizzy. I laid my head back down on the hard pillow and drifted asleep.

I woke up again and I did not remember anything from the day before. Or if it had been a day since I fell asleep. The memories started to come back to me as I laid on the strange table, playing with the bracelet I had on.

      I looked down at the clothes I was wearing. They were ripped and very very dirty. Dust and dried blood stained my pants and shirt. The pungent smell of blood filled my nostrils and I gagged. Loki awoke at the sudden sound. I scooted myself slightly to the left and away from him, but not off the table.

    Loki shook his head and his green eyes floated over to me. My eyes widened. He came over to me and I took a deep breath to stabilize myself.

"Hello, Evelyn," he said in a drawling voice. I surprised me that he knew my name, but I did not let him see that.

"Hey. I've got many questions for you. Hopefully you are not here to kill me after reviving me from my sleep like death," I told him. I was mentally stabbing myself for making the meant to be patronizing greeting into a sleeping beauty greeting. I almost laughed at myself, but Loki did that for me. I stared at him, trying to figure him out. He had just read my mind.

"Yes, I did. You are very very smart Evie." I almost growled at him. 

"Do not call me Evie. It is not your place to call me that,...Loki," I told him, seething. He could not just use Steve's nickname for me like that. Speaking of Steve...oh no. Loki is going to get it.

"Where's Steve?" Loki just smirked.

"What? Your little boyfriend? I don't know. I just saved your life, not his too," Loki replied cruelly. I narrowed my eyes at him, but I did not speak.

"You can stay here and heal up or you could walk on out and find your pathetic boyfriend." Loki smirks while telling me this.

"What? You jealous that I want to go back to him?" Now I was the one who was smirking. His eyes widened, but he did not deny it.

"Fine then. You can go, but I'm not wishing you good luck," Loki says. I got up out of the bed but a pain washed over my whole body making me whimper in pain and slowly lay back down.

"Do you even remember what happened?" Loki asks me quizzically. I struggled to remember, not for Loki, but of me. I could not remember anything about what happened.

"No." I shrugged sadly. Loki did not care however that I did not remember.
It was like he like that I did not remember. Maybe...he is the one who made me forget.

"Did you...Loki...." I started to narrow my eyes at him and he looks at me again. I could not tell what he was thinking. He looks genuinely confused, but I don't believe it.

"You'll need a few day to heal up," Loki told me. I rolled my eyes.

"Great! Two more days with the..." I say sarcastically. Then I trailed off and started to remember what he did to my parents. He let in those chimera people and he...killed my parents.

My eyes filled with tears and I let out a strangled sob. I mentally kicked myself and wiped my eyes before any tears could leak out.

Loki look like he was having a fit with himself. He was feeling sorry for me, but amused at the same time. I decided to just rest and kill him in the morning. Yeah, I'm gonna kill him.