Let Her Go (John)

I can't believe she's gone. I let her go so quickly. I could still remember the time when I told her I didn't love her anymore, I saw her lovely face in so much pain. Although she begged me to stay, but I rejected.

One year had already passed and I'm still not moved on. That awful day when I met a bird in the pub, I thought that bird was so much better than Y/N but I was wrong.

I realized I loved her so much when I already let her go.

"Fine. I'm sorry if I'm not perfect like her. I hope you'll be happy. Just always remember me, that's my only request." She said, letting go of my hands.

I just stood there, and didn't even feel anything.

I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't even think well. I'm too depressed to even think about myself.

While I was laying on the bed, the phone rang. I groaned and picked up the phone.

"What?" I growled.

"Hey Johnny, it's Paul."

"Oh. Hey Macca. What do you want?"

Then there was silence. I felt something's off.

"Hello? Macca? You still there?" I said.

"Y/N is getting married tomorrow and she asked me if you wanted to attend." Paul fastly said.

My breathing stopped, and my heart tightened.

"Wha-what? This can't be." I said, voice cracking.

Paul sighed and said, "It's true, John. She's getting married. So I'll just tell her that you can't come?"

"I'll go." Why did I decide to go? I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pretend I'm happy for her in the entire duration of the wedding.

Watch her walk in the aisle with a beautiful white gown and her future husband looking at her lovingly. I started sobbing.

"John? Are you alright?" Paul worriedly said.

I didn't answer. I just kept crying.

"Macca! I just want to die!" I exclaimed.

Paul sighed. "Don't say that. I still can't understand you, Johnny. You told me that you don't want her anymore cause' you met this other bird. But now? I don't know."

I cried harder. "Do you want me to come over?" Paul said.

"I still wanted to be alone for now, but thank you for your kindness Macca. I really appreciate it." I said.

I could hear Paul smiled at the end of the line. "Just tell me if you need anything. So, you really comin' for the wedding?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll inform Y/N. Well Goodbye for now, Johnny. See you soon. Be strong always."

"Thank you, Macca. Goodbye."

Then we finally hung up.

I took a deep breath, and sighed.

'Let's face it, John. She'll never come back. She belongs to another man now.' I pointed out.

I laid back down, and tears started streaming down my face again.

'I'll see you soon, Y/N'  I said to myself.

I then closed my eyes, and finally fell asleep.