National Anthem (John)

Money is the anthem of success
So before we go out
What's your address?

It's really difficult to pretend, to act. It's hard not to fall in love with him. It's already clear that he doesn't feel the same way. It all started when Brian Epstein forced me to marry John Lennon for the sake of business. He told me that he would give me a big amount of money. I didn't want to agree at first because marriage is a commitment and a huge thing for goodness sake!

Brian Epstein, The Beatles' manager, told me that it would only last for a short period of time. He wanted to show the Beatlemaniacs how sweet and witty John is when he's around me, and of course it will attract them more. I can't believe I accepted such offer!

I'm your National Anthem
God, you're so handsome
Take me to the Hamptons
Bugatti Veyron

When I met John Lennon, I could tell he was nervous and didn't like the idea. I understood him cause' everything was too sudden.

He kept on shifting on his chair, then he would stand up and pace back and forth. We first met at his apartment. He kept on arguing with Brian on the same day, yet he always loses. I already told myself that he will never accept the idea, then suddenly he said yes. Odd.

Now here I am being surrounded by make-up artists and hairstylists.

Different sizes of pins are being dug upon my hair, hurting my scalp. The make-up artist on the other hand is not gentle in lining my eyes with a pencil eyeliner. They were even conversing with me as they work.

"I'm beyond excited for you, you're gonna look so gorgeous in front of the media!" The make-up artist exclaimed as she put another layer of blush on my cheeks.

I just forced a smile.

After another minute of torture, they're finally done.

They gave me the outfit for today, and a pair of white kitten heels.

I went to the dressing room and started putting on the black collared dress, and the heels.

I went to look at the mirror and found myself pretty in the dress. It goes 2 inches above my knees and it has short sleeves. I beamed widely. Afterwards, I finally went out.

A lot of eyes followed me as I pass by. It was a good sign, I guess.

When I got to the garden, where the party and the interview is going to happen, I saw The Beatles. My stomach just flipped.

They were still talking to Brian, I shouldn't disturb them. When I was about to walk out of the door, Brian called out my name.

When I turned around, I saw them all staring. I gulped. I now felt uncomfortable.

I started walking towards them, I saw John undid his tie a bit.

"Y/N. Are you set now?" Brian asked. I nodded.

"Are ye nervous?" George asked.

"I guess so." I murmured.

"Ye look beautiful by the way." Paul winked. I looked down and bit my lip.

"Paul, yer flirting again." Ringo said. Paul just smiled sarcastically at Ringo.

John was glaring at Paul, and I don't why. After a few conversation, we were finally guided to our seats.

The first seat on the farthest right was occupied by Paul, followed by Ringo on his left, then George and finally John, then me.

John was a little too close. Our knees were touching. He suddenly wrapped an arm around my chair.

I hitched a breath, and John noticed.

"Are ye alright?" He asked.

I nodded almost quickly. He just smiled.

"The interview will begin in 3... 2... 1!" A guy exclaimed.

"Good Morning! I am now here with The Beatles. Here we're going to be talking about something very important but before that, The Beatles will introduce first" The pretty blonde said.

Then we all introduced. We talked about music and their upcoming albums. While I was lost in thoughts, John suddenly held my hand.

He loves to romance them
Reckless abandon
Holdin' me for ransom
Upper echelon

I gasped softly.

"We're actually already married for three months now" John then looked at me lovingly.

He's such a good actor.

"I'm so grateful to have a husband like him. Our relationship is still getting stronger, it's a good sign I guess." I said, beaming sweetly at him. He squeezed my hand softly, which gave me shivers, then he looked back at the camera.

He says to "be cool" but
I don't know how yet
Wind in my hair
Hand on the back of my neck
I said, "Can we party later on?"
He said, "Yes, yes, yes"

After the interview, we all proceeded to the party. He told me to act cool and relax, but I can't seem to do such thing.

Tell me I'm your National Anthem
Booyah, baby, bow down
Making me say wow now
Tell me I'm your National Anthem

While he was talking to a group of random guys, I was observing him. He look handsome. His auburn hair was neat. The way he smiles, the way he laughs is just magical.

Is there a chance of being us together? No.

For some odd reason, I wanted to be his. I wanted to be important to him like a National Anthem.

Sugar, sugar, how now
Take your body downtown
Red, white, blue is in the sky
Summer's in the air and
Baby, heaven's in your eyes
I'm your National Anthem

Red, white, blue fireworks started exploding gracefully in the sky. I watched with wonder.

When I looked back at John, he was now whispering something to the woman whom I don't know's ear with a smirk in his face. The woman was giggling. Later, they both went away from the crowd.

I frowned and sighed sadly. Why am I hurting myself for the sake of Money?

Money is the reason
We exist
Everybody knows it, it's a fact
Kiss, kiss