12

Avery:

I watch James,Jake and Jesse get into the car,from the window.

I'll be staying behind because someone's coming over.

I then watch the car pull off from the driveway.

I walk back to my room and lay on the bed,my legs dangling off the edge. As soon as I get comfortable, the doorbell rings. I hurriedly go downstairs.

I look in the mirror adjacent to the front door.

My hair looks...neat.

I ruffle my hand through my hair. I dig in my pocket for some  gum and pop it in my mouth.

I then turn to the door,and open it.

"Hey," I say,my arms open for a hug.

"Hey,Avie." they say,hugging me.

I start to feel numb from the sound of the old nickname.

"Come in. It's freezing out." I exclaim,trying to shake the feeling.

He walks over the threshold and looks up at the high ceiling.

"Nice chandelier." he says.

"Thanks...so...it's been a while." I say,staring at him.

He doesn't say anything,just stares.

"And I forgive you." I say,breaking the silence.

"I don't think you do."

"Jay...I love you like a brother and I forgive you." I say,images of the incident flashing in my head.

"Avie don't act like you do. We weren't as close back then and I couldn't stop what happened.." Jay says.

"I know..." I say,just above a whisper.

"I know you didn't call me over to say that you forgive me. So what do you really want?" He says,sounding frustrated.

"I want you to kill Mariana." I say,once again,not knowing what I'm saying.

"Whoa whoa whoa...the sexy bitch that doesn't listen to you?" Jay inquiries.

"Yes. I want that ‘sexy bitch’ gone. She's no use to the Outlaws. All she does is pout about how she's ‘just a kid.’" I explain.

"Okay. I can have that arranged. I'll call Ella. When do you want it to happen?" I watch as Jay bites his bottom lip.

"Tonight. And make her suffer." I respond.

Jay takes out his phone,dialing a number that I have no recognition of.

"Hey,baby. Can you come over? Yeah. No,I need you to do something for us. Yes,us; I'm at Avie's place right  now. Okay, well make it snappy." Jay ends the call.

I look at him,knowing who it was that he called.

"Lemme guess. Ella and you...?" I say.

"Yeah." Jay replies.

"When did you two hook up?" I question, looking at his facial expression.

"After I realized that I wasn't supposed to break innocent,young girls’ hearts by doing something that'll change them forever." Jay exclaims in a monotonous tone.

I open my mouth to say something,but a knock on the door interrupts me.

I go to the door and look through the peephole. Ella.

I grab the handle and turn it, reluctantly.

"Hey,Avie!" she exclaims, holding out her arms.

"Ella,baby!" I say,enveloping in her arms.

"This is like a....family reunion. Only missing one pers–"

Once again,the door interrupts me.

"Oh my fucking God! Who's at the goddamn door this time? When I open this door I might just punch the fuck out of this motherfuck–"

I open the door to Mal.

"Mal. Baby. Back so soon?" I say,turning around to see Ella and Jay laughing at my comment from earlier.

"Yeah. Turns out Jesse is fine." she says, walking towards the kitchen.

I follow her with every step.

"Okay and?" I watch her pull out a strawberry from the fridge.

"You are not gonna like this." She exclaims.

"Okay. I'm ready." I say.

"Jesse...is pregnant. And the baby is for James,even though almost like the whole time Jesse slept with Jake." she says the last part to herself, but I can still hear her.

"Jesse is pregnant? There are no relationships in this house. Call all three of them in here. Now."

My blood boils as I watch these three come in the door.

"You three. What the hell is your fucking problem!? Sleeping around with each other? Jesse,I'll talk to you later but you two! What the hell. Go to your rooms right now!"

"I don't have to listen to you. I'm 21,you're 18." Jake says.

"I don't give two flying fucks about your age. I rule this damn house and you abide by my rules! Or else your on the streets." I say,narrowing my eyes at him.

"What the fuck ever." Jake mutters.

I still catch what he says,though.

"Jake get the fuck out you dumb fuck. You're banned from this house. If you lay foot on my lawn...I'll kill your ass. I'm serious."

"Yeah right." He continues.

"I swear on my granddaddy's grave I will. Try me." I say,walking up to him.

"Now get the hell out of my house." I demand,pushing him towards the exit.

I open the door and once he's out of it,I kick the door shut.

I walk back to the kitchen to find James with his elbows on the kitchen island, head in his hands.

"James. Go upstairs." I say,almost near soft.

"Yes,sir." Is all he says before walking off.

I then walk back to the living room and see Jesse,Mal,Ella and Jay with different expressions plastered on their faces.