25

James:

I sit on the floor of the hall, as cold as Avery is. And I watch Ella silently as she cries her little eyes out. But I just watch her cry, silently wondering why I'm not right now. I usually cry when I see others in pain or distress.

"Ella. It's okay, you know. Everything's alright." I try to comfort her, then hug her.

"I wouldn't exactly say everything's alright. Avery is dead, Jay is dead, Mariana's dead and Mal is nowhere to be seen right now. She's M.I.A." she exclaims, sniffling.

"Okay." I agree with her statement.

Suddenly, I hear a door close and feet hitting against the floor.

"Anybody home?" I hear Scott say.

"We're in here, Scott." I direct him.

Scott and Calvin walk to us and carefully sit down.

Scott:

"So what are we gonna do?" Calvin asks, staring at the body.

"We're gonna have a private funeral." Hayley says, walking down the stairs.

"But we also need to make sure that Brooklyn can come because he would've wanted that." Sam inputs, alongside Hayley.

"And I know just how to make her come back without making things sound so harsh. You know, subtlety." Harry says,walking through the door.

"Oh thank God. Now we don't have to look for Harry. Who else are we missing?" James says.

"Josephine, Jesse, Ryan, Cassie, Mal." Ella responds.

"Okay, we have to start now." Harry declares.

"Now?!" Everyone exclaims,except me.

"Yes, now. You know me, always getting things done early." Harry says.