20

Avery :

I walk to Josephine's room. She's the only treasurer we have in the house. So every now and then, I check the money. Of course I mean the money we stole four days ago.

"Josephine." I call out, halfway to her room door.

"Yes,sir." she says, her head peeking out of the door.

"Can I come in?" I ask, not wanting to invade her privacy.

"Uh, yeah. Sure thing, boss. Did...you come to see how the money's doing?" She says, walking to her office.

"Yeah, I came to see the money." I respond,walking to the secret office with her.

I had a lot of spare or secret rooms installed in the house for...hiding money and things of that nature.

"So, we got two million dollars from the bank and...the rest is transferring...now." she says,typing and clicking on the laptop.

She goes over to the iMac and types in some more.

"Alright, I cleared out all the mishaps in the system and cleaned out the video feed so you can't tell that we did it." Josie says.

"No breadcrumbs?" I question her.

"No breadcrumbs." she replies,smiling a bit.

I hear the doorbell ring,so I go and see what or who it was.

I look through the peephole and their appearance makes my blood boil.

"What the fuck do you want, Jake?" I scream to the other side of the door.

"For you to open the damn door." he says, as I lean against the wall.

"Fine, but I don't want to see any weapons. Cause I already told you that I'll kill your ass if I saw you on my lawn again." I say.

I open the door and Jake points a gun to my chest, as I do the same.

"I thought you said no weapons?" Jake says,raising an eyebrow,then quickly putting it down.

"I thought I said that too."