17

Avery:

I've really screwed up this time. I can't go back to Mal. I knew the consequences, but I just went on and slept with Ella. I'm not even sure if I wanna go back to her, though. Jay might end up killing me.

I'm deep in thought, but then, I hear someone calling me.

"Avery. I mean,sir."

Mariana.

I rub my temples and pinch the bridge of my nose, "Yes,Mariana."

"Um, Calvin and Scott wanted me to ask you if they could leave for the rest of the week. They have a gig at a venue with a band in Los Angeles." she exclaims, hiding behind the door.

"Tell them I said that they have my permission, but I want to see them firsthand." I walk to my room before they can find me,then I sit at my desk.

A few moments later,I hear my door creak open.

"Sir?" I hear Scott's voice.

"Come in,come in. So I hear that you have a gig in Los Angeles?" I say,as they both walk up to my desk.

"Yeah, we do." Calvin replies,after clearing his throat.

"Well why didn't you two come to ask me? What, did you think I would say no?"

"No...maybe...yes. You're really hard to get to,sir." Calvin speaks up again.

"And you've never really let anybody out of the house before." Scott reminds.

"More money for the Outlaws. Just know that if you two have a gig with the rest of your band, I'll always let you go. Now scram before I change my mind." I say.

"Thank you so much!" Calvin says,nearly screaming.

"Calm down, Cal. Come on,let's go." Scott says,pulling Calvin by the wrist,guitar still in hand.

+++++

Mariana:

I walk to James' room and knock on the door lightly.

Damn my sensitive persona.

James opens the door and smiles a bit, "Oh my,God. I'm so glad you're here."

He hugs me and pulls me in to his room.

I sit down on his bed and look around.

"Wow. The color of the carpet is the only color I've seen besides the traditional black,white and red."

"Yeah...He's real serious about the black and white. Oh,and red. He doesn't care if I have a little splash of color, though." James explains.

"I wonder why he treats me so badly." I say,aloud.

James looks at me in a strange way.

My eyes widen, "Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yeah. What do you mean, though?" he questions.

"Ever since I came here,Avery has been treating me like shit. I even overheard him talking about killing me. Do you really think he'll do it?" I say, gripping the covers.

"He started choking me in my sleep after he found out some stuff about me." James tells me.

"What kind of stuff?" I ask.