24

Mal:

I can't believe Avery. He literally broke my heart. But Ella was right. I never did really like him that much. I just wanted to take him away from her.

As I'm in thought,I bump into something--or someone I should say. I look up into the most beautiful light brown eyes.

"Thank you. I guess I do have beautiful light brown eyes..." they say.

"What? I said that out loud? Wow,how cliché of a sentence for me to say. I'm Mal." I introduce myself,putting my hand out for him to shake.

"Kai," he grabs my hand and kisses it,"and you have the most beautiful green eyes."

I wasn't expecting you to kiss my hand,but I think I'm in love.

"Well,um y-" I'm interrupted by my phone ringing.

I look at the screen and see the name I put, Demons, with a devil face emoji.

I answer it and wait for the person on the other line to say something.

"Hello?" I hear Hayley's voice.

"Yeah? What's up?" I reply, dryly.

"Um,the Outlaws are calling to tell you that Avery's... dead. He was shot...by Jake."

"Oh my God,"I whisper,not wanting Kai to hear me.

"Yeah and we were hoping that you'd like to come to the private funeral." Hayley offers, patiently waiting for a reply.

"Um,sure."

"Okay,great. Thanks." Hayley concludes the conversation.

I move the phone from my ear and shove it in my back pocket,then I turn back to Kai.

"Any who...where were we?" I say,enjoying his company.

"We've introduced ourselves and you told me that I have pretty eyes. Then, I told you the same." He smiles at me.

"Well, I want you to know more than just my name and eye color." I reply, feeling a little--just a little--hot around the cheeks.

"Great. You should come to my house...even though I just met you. But not in the way that you think. I'm rambling aren't I?" Kai says.

"No, no. I'm not really much of a talker anyway, so..." I trail off.

"Well. Never fear, Kai is here. And he's going to fix that. Why am I talking in the third person?" he states, pulling my hand gently.

I chuckle at his remark.