16

Mal:

I sit up in bed and get out of bed. I stretch my arms toward the ceiling, my shirt lifting up a bit. I put my hair in a messy bun and walk to the bathroom.

As I'm walking, I hear the water running and see light peek from the bottom of the door.

Somebody must be in there.

I knock on the door, knowing the door must be locked.

"Yes?" I hear Ella say, on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, uh, could you maybe hurry up? I need to pee,like,really bad." I say.

"Okay." she says.

Then I hear the water stop and the door unlocking. After a few seconds, Ella's face comes into view.

"Morning, Mal." she greets, arms around her neck.

"Why are you acting so strange?" I wonder, out loud.

She shakes her head.

"No reason.....well..would you look at the time. I really have to go now." she says,quickly,walking past me.

"Wait don't g-" I try to get out,grabbing one of her arms.

Then,I see what she was trying to hide. A passion mark,just in the crick of her neck.

I gasp,"You have a hickey! I guess you and Jay had some fun last night,huh? Amirite?"

She laughs nervously, "Yeah...lots."

I shake my head playfully and chuckle.

She walks back to the room that she was in.

I go into the bathroom,close the door, do my business, wash my hands and face, then leave out.

As I close the door, out the corner of my eye,I see Avery walk down the hall.

"Hey,babe." I say, walking up to him, then kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey," he mutters, his voice deep from sleep.

"Ooooh. I like your sleepy voice." I beam.

"Thank you?" he states, more like a question.

"Anyways, I'm gonna get dressed. Then, maybe we can go out somewhere. You can't stay in this mansion forever." I exclaim, walking towards my room.

I go to the very back of the room and look for my clothes. I know exactly what I'm gonna wear: a purple off-the-shoulder sweater with a white peace sign on the front and some green high-waisted shorts.

I go to the bathroom and turn on the shower. Then,I lock the door, strip down to nothing and get in.

After about half an hour,I'm done with everything. I clean up the bathroom,then walk back to my secret room.

I walk all the way to the back, where my bedroom is, and see Avery sitting on my bed.

He sighs, "I need to talk to you. It's important."

Avery:

I look at Mal and her expression changes from gleeful to worried in a flash.

"No beating around the bush so...you know how we got back together?" I say,scratching the back of my neck.

"...Yeah...?" Mal responds,her eyebrows furrowing.

"Well...we can't do that anymore because... last night everything just...went all to my head and...I slept with Ella." I continue.

"What do you mean 'slept' with her?" She says, and I know she already can guess what I mean.

"I had sex with her, Mal. I'm not gonna say sorry cause I know that you won't accept it. Just please...don't shut me out." I reply,getting up.

"I don't know...I'll think about it. Oh, I know...I will do more than just shut you out." she says,venom in her voice.