30

•••

Mal:

I open my eyes only to find Kai, who's staring at me from the end of the bed. It isn't romantic, though.

Not even the least bit platonic. Only because we don't smile at each other or say good morning.

"Have you come to your senses yet?" Kai questions.

I sit up in bed.

"What are you talking about?" I respond.

"Oh, Mal, come on now. Don't play dumb. You're using me. I'm not stupid. Let me guess: My brother is in trouble and you expect me to play Superman.

Or: He's dead and you expect me to feel shocked and show up at his funeral. Which one? Cause honestly, I don't give a damn about him cause he sure as hell didn't two years ago."

"Kai-" I start.

"Do you expect me to help you people? I give you all advice and that's just like building blocks leading to more trouble and chaos." Kai continues.

"Mal...I don't want to hear your voice again. Get out." Kai finishes.

"Kai,please just listen-"

"Get the hell out of my house and don't come back." he interrupts, once more.

I get up and start picking my things up around me. I walk to the door and stop at the threshold.

"Well are you gonna go? Cause I can kick you out."

"You won't have to worry about seeing me again." is all I say, then I leave.

Hayley:

I walk to the attic. This is the only place that I have so that I can get peace and quiet.

I lie down in my bed and stare at the ceiling.

Am I glad that Avery is dead?

He used to hit me...so that's a start.

But what Avery doesn't know is that I'm not the age that I told him when I was getting initiated.

I'm actually fifteen, but I just look like I'm older cause I'm tall and way more developed than most fifteen year olds.

I had to lie to him cause he said he only took 18-21 year olds ,even though he was 16 when he started getting  Outlaws together.

But I only lied because I was having more trouble home than what I do here.

But the reason that I care so much about telling my age is because I don't want anything to happen to me like what happened to Mariana.

She was the same age as me and that scares me a lot. I mean, what if another gun fight happens and I just so happen to be an innocent bystander?

"Hayley!" I hear someone call my name.

"Coming!" I call back.

I get up and open the attic door, then I climb down the ladder.

I hurry to the living room and to my surprise I see someone who I thought was dead a few minutes ago.