32

Avery:

I look at my watch and back up.

Where the hell are these kids?

I specifically told someone to call them down earlier. Someone's not doing their job. I look at Hayley who is standing beside me. She looks at me,scared.

"Outlaws get your asses down here in a matter of three seconds!"

"Sir--Master...three isn't enough." Hayley murmurs.

"Fine. Get your asses down here in a matter of five seconds!" I correct myself.

In that moment, the outlaws start rushing down the stairs.

Some of them look shocked to see me.

"I'm not a ghost or a soul...though I think I don't have one...anyways. It's me, Master Avery Smith, in the flesh and better than ever." I exclaim.

"So why are we down here?" Jaycee asks.

"Say something out of term again and I'll have you executed or tortured, your pick." I say.

"Like I was saying... you all are down here because some of you are getting kicked out of my house and some of you are staying." I finish.

"Wait... where will the ones who are leaving go?" Cassie exclaims.

"I don't know... maybe hell for all I care. But things around here are... getting old. I need exciting things to happen."

I start pacing back and forth, tapping my index finger on my chin. Finally, I come to a stop.

"Jaycee, Ryan, Cassie, Sam, Harry...get out." I demand.

"Wait,no. Master...Sam is all I have. Y-You can't. Please..." Hayley exclaims, tears falling down her face.

I look at her, sympathetically.

"You know what? You're absolutely right..." I agree.

Her eyes start to light up just as the words spill out of my mouth.

"...Which is why you can leave with him."

Her hopeful expresssion leaves from her face immediately. I think a little bit of blood does, too.

"No! You can't do this!" Hayley literally cries,falling to the ground.

Sam comes over and helps her up.

"Come on. Let's go." Sam says, holding Hayley's hand.

I watch them leave and I feel amazing. It feels good to be back.

Jaycee, Ryan, and Cassie all follow behind with their bags in hand.

Ryan stops in front of me, "I'm never telling you any of my secrets again."

She leaves and the door shuts, making a thud.

I turn around and see who I have left.

"Scott, James, Calvin, Jesse, Josephine...It's just us now. You guys are in for a real ride."