·Chapter 2·

I walk in and feel the warm breeze rush across my face as I enter the school. I look around and reach in my back pocket of my jean for my schedule. I look at it and read that my first period is English. A smile spreads across my face. I was an English nerd, a grammar nerd, you name it. I loved English. I loved writing. I write all the time and it's one of my passions. Whenever I need someone, I have my notebook.

I read the room number and head over to the classroom, asking for directions on the way to make sure I'm headed to the correct room. I reach the classroom and enter. I see many empty desks and walk over to one in the middle. I could blend in with everyone else. That's what I needed.

I sit down and set my backpack on the floor. I open my backpack and reach for a notebook and pencil. I set both of them on my desk.

I rest my hands on my lap and wait for the bell to ring for class to start. Smooth sailing at the moment. After about five minutes, the bell rings. People start to enter the room and find their seats. There's never a seating chart on the first day of school. So at least for one day, I could blend in with the crowd. Soon enough, the teacher walks in.

She writes her name on the whiteboard and turns around, smiling at us. I smiled back. You could tell that she would be the type of teacher that is kind and patient. Man, I love teachers like that. I read her name on the board. Mrs. Dulche. What a sweet last name. Literally.

She introduces herself and shares her interests and what made her become an English teacher. Then we went over the rules and expectations for the class. I had a good feeling that I was going to excel at this class. I could feel myself bursting with excitement. I can't wait to get home and start writing in my journal.

The day went by quickly and finally, I reached 4th period. That's where things started to go downhill. It was music class and basically the class was learning about the history of music and playing our instruments. I played the piano, ukulele, guitar, bass, and drums. All thanks to my dad and Uncle Josh.

We were going over the expectations for the class when I started to hear whispers behind me. I didn't turn around completely but from the corner of my eye, I saw people pointing at me. These people were giving me dirty looks. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Then the whispers got louder.

"Do you think that's her?"

"Yep, it is. She looks just like them."

"I bet she thinks she knows everything. I bet she's a brat considering who her parents are."

"Do you know the band her dad is in? Yeah. That band. Their song lyrics don't even make sense."

"I bet she isn't even talented."

"Ugh. She probably doesn't even know how to play an instrument."

"She is going to have a rough time in this school."

"Look at what she's wearing it's so..ew."

I try to block out the whispers by paying attention but I can't. I clench my fists over and over again. I could feel tears stinging at the corner of my eyes, just trying to break free. I look at the clock and wait for the bell to ring. Five minutes.

That seems like forever. The bell finally rings and I hop off my chair and head for the door. On my way out I hear, "Loser!!" with laughs following after. I suck in the tears and mask what I'm feeling.