·Chapter 24·

We bought the tickets for the L.A. flight that takes off tomorrow morning. So I head to my room and grab my suitcase so I can begin to pack. I grab all the necessary essentials for the trip and try to zip it up. After trying to close the suitcase about 5 times and failing, I decide to get help.

"MOM !!!!" I yell since I was too lazy to go downstairs. Hey, we all have those days.

I hear footsteps running up the stairs and mom rushes in, looking panicked.

"Sorry to scare you, I just needed help with closing my suitcase."

"Oh thank goodness. I'll help you. Okay, sit on the suitcase."

I do as she says and she tries to close it but fails.

"Jeez, Cath. How much did you pack? It shouldn't be this hard to close."

"I packed enough, I don't know why it isn't cooperating," I whine.

"Okay lay down on it and stretch your arms as if you were flying like a superhero."

I raise my eyebrows in confusion but follow her instructions.

"How does this even help?"

"It doesn't, I just thought it would be entertaining to see," Mom laughs.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

Oh, mom.

"Let's try sitting down again."

I sit down once more and mom tries again. She fails..again. Oh, boy.

"This calls for drastic measures," Mom says and she cups her hands around her mouth.

"TYLER !!!!"

We hear footsteps running up the stairs again and dad opens the door.

"Yeah?" He says.

"We need your help," Mom and I say in unison as we gesture to my suitcase.

"Seriously, Tyler. You need to buy new suitcases. These are not in great shape,"

"Jenna, love, if this does not zip no matter how hard we try..then I'll buy us new ones. And if it does, then we can use them for a while longer."

"Tyler.."

"Okay fine. I'll buy new ones when get back from L.A. " He sticks his tongue out at mom.

She sticks her tongue back at him and I laugh.

"Let's do this! Okay both of you, sit on the suitcase," He instructs.

We sit on the suitcase and he is able to zip it up with a lot of strength.

We all give a big sigh of relief.

"I am so strong," Dad says, stretching out his arms.

"To close a suitcase? Yeah. To carry someone, probably not," Mom says with a smile.