·Chapter 10·

My eyes open as I come into contact with a pair of eyes I know all too well.

"You're awake."

I blink mutiple times, trying to focus on where I am.

Then I hear beeping right beside me.

I look at my arm and see that I'm being given an iv.

I look at the pair of eyes that are staring at me with kindness.

Uncle Josh.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital."

"Why?"

"Because Mark found you on the floor and he panicked. So he took you the hospital and called me."

I look around the room and spot Mark, looking at his phone.

I glare at him.

"Mark, why is he here?"

"You said don't call your parents, you never said I couldn't call Josh."

I bite my tongue, trying to keep myself from yelling at him.

"Should I go?" Mark asks.

"Yeah, just go down to the cafeteria for now, okay? I'll take care of her." Uncle Josh says.

Mark nods and heads out the door, leaving us alone.

"Cath, where have you been? Everyone has been looking for you. Everyone has been going crazy looking for you, including me."

I don't say anything.

"Tyler and Jenna have been worried sick. Jenna was crying because she thought something bad happened to you. Tyler was driving to a bunch of places, asking where you were."

"Why would he do that? He doesn't care about what I tell him. He only cares about what comes out of your mouth."

"Wait- what are you-" I cut him off.

"Everything is my fault, after all. It always is."

"Cath, what are you talking about?" He says, confused and hurt written across his face.

"Could you be any louder, Josh?" I say, ears still adjusting from sound. After all, I did hurt my head. Everything felt off balance.

He gives me a hurt look that breaks my heart from the mention of just his name without "Uncle" in front of it.

"You heard us arguing."

"I bet you thought I was still out with my mom but I wasn't. That's such a wonderful thing to come home to," I look down and feel tears threatening to spill.

"It's so wonderful to have people that you love argue over you when someone promised they wouldn't get mad. This was all my fault, admit it," I look into his eyes and let the tears spill down my cheeks.

"Cath, this was not your fault. I'm so sorry that you had to hear that. I'm so sorry."

"Is that all you have to say?"

"No, let me finish."

I keep eye contact with him.

He takes my hands and places them in his.

"This was not your fault. I expected Tyler to get mad at me for not telling him anything but I don't care. A promise is a promise. At least I was there for you whenever you needed me, I never abandoned you but he was so hurt that he wasn't realizing what he was saying. So I let him yell at me because I know Tyler. He needs to let it all out before calming down. Now, he is not angry at you. He never was and if you thought he was, he was angry with me. This was not your fault, Cath. This was not your fault."

"Why does it hurt so much?"

"Because you think you're the one to blame and because it was Tyler and I who were fighting. Something you've never seen before. And I'm sorry that you had to hear that, you didn't deserve that."

"It hurt."

"I know. Come here," He pulls me close to his chest as I cry.

"Is that why you ran away?"

I nod against his chest as I sob.

"I thought everyone would be better off without me in their lives, so I ran as far away as I could until I passed out and cut my head from a sharp rock. This is not what I had planned. I'm sorry, Uncle Josh."

"Don't apologize, it's okay. You're okay, thank goodness you're okay," I feel tears drop on the top of my head.

"Don't cry," I say, feeling bad.

"I can't help it. Cath, I was so worried something horrible happened to you. I'm so glad you are okay," He hugs me tighter.

"I'm so sorry."

We both cry until we can't anymore.

I wasn't completely okay but having Uncle Josh here, with me, made everything feel better than it was before.

I don't know what I would do without him, he was my rock.