·Chapter 9·

I wake up and feel a sharp pain on the side of my head. I place my hand on my temple and feel something run down my fingers. I look at my hand and almost scream at the sight. It was blood..

I sit up and my head feels like it could explode. I look down and see that I must have fallen on a sharp rock, causing my head to bleed. I take a few deep breaths and get up as calmly as I can. I feel dizzy and have to sit down on grass for a minute.

I look at my shirt and see the shoulder of it, completely red. I try to stay calm as I stand up once more. I look at my surroundings and realize I'm at a bus stop.

About five minutes later, a bus arrives. I climb up the steps that lead me inside the bus and the driver gives me a worried look. I look at him as I put 50 cents into the slot.

"Miss, are you alright? Do you need a ride to the hospital?"

"No, no. I'm alright, thank you."

"Alright."

"So do you know where this bus heads to?"

"Well it goes to the other side of town."

"That's good. Okay, thank you," I take a seat.

As people go on and off the bus, they all give me funny looks. I don't blame them, I'm covered in blood.

I close my eyes and lay my head against the back of my seat, on the headrest.

My head was aching.

I remember that I have my purse on me, where my phone and wallet was. I had forgotten that I had brought it with me. I was not thinking clearly because clearly, I wasn't in good condition.

I open my eyes again and look out the window.

Buildings were rushing past my eyes and I look at the details of what's around them. Then the bus comes to my stop.

I stand up and walk down the aisle. The driver gives me a worried look again as I walk down the stairs of the bus.

I watch the bus drive away as I squint my eyes, trying to figure out exactly where I was.

My head continues to ache.

I walk to a place I haven't been to in so long. Someone I haven't seen in so long.

I keep walking until I reach a small house.

It was a brick house that looked very cozy. You could tell it was welcoming.

I grin a bit and walk up the steps.

My hand turns into a fist as I knock the door.

I suck in a breath as the door opens.

"Catharsis Joseph. I haven't seen you in so- Oh my gosh, what happened to you?"

"Mark, can you let me in? Please," I plead.

He quickly nods and steps aside as I rush inside.

"Close the door behind you."

"Cath, what happened?"

I cross my arms and avoid eye contact.

"Cath."

"I ran away."

"Why did you run away?" He walks to the kitchen and picks up a towel.

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Okay, I won't push you. Can I clean you up though? You're a bloody mess."

"I know I am," I say in a sour tone.

"Take a seat," He turns on the sink and wets the towel.

I sit down on his black sofa and feel my head pounding.

He walks over to me and gives me the towel.

"Put this on your head and wipe off the blood. I'll go get you a new shirt."

"Okay."

I place the towel on my head and wipe the dry blood off the side of my head.

Mark returns with a black hoodie, sweatshirt. He gives it to me and I place it on my lap.

He sits next to me and takes the towel, cleaning me up.

"Are you okay?"

"Not at all," I reply, remembering the events of today.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks, dabbing my head.

"Don't call my parents, don't text them, don't contact them."

"Why not?"

"Just..please..don't. Promise me you won't, Mark."

"Well..alright, I won't."

"Thank you."

"You're going to need stitches. This looks bad. It's stopped bleeding but it definitely needs stitches."

Just my luck.

"Lovely."

"Indeed so," He tries to lighten the mood but he stops trying. We sit in silence until he finally cleans up all the blood.

"Go get dressed in that hoodie and I'll make you a cup of tea."

I stand up and walk to the bathroom.

I close the door behind me and turn on the light.

I look at myself in the mirror and place a hand over my mouth.

I looked horrible.

My hair was messy, my blouse was stained, there was dry blood on my hands.

I avert my eyes and wash my hands with soap.

I look at the blood washing away, down the drain.

I dry my hands on the hand towel and reach for the black hoodie.

Then I feel my head aching even worse than before. I feel dizzy and hold onto my head. It was an excruciating pain that I don't think I'll ever forget. I hold onto the pole that holds the towel.

The room kept spinning and then I feel myself collapsing to the ground.

I look at the ceiling and feel everything fading away.

My eyes close.