·Chapter 16·

As the next day rolled by, I woke up earlier than usual. I look over at the clock and see it's 9 a.m. I stand up and open my curtains. I looked at the beautiful morning sky that was a baby blue with fluffy white clouds that made my heart happy. Oh what a beautiful day.

I did the daily morning routine of getting ready. I took a refreshing shower and let my hair dry. I begin to get dressed. I put on a pink t-shirt and a pair of Jean shorts. I slip on a pair of my pink converse that matched perfectly with my outfit.

I comb through my hair and as it begins to dry, it goes back to its wavy form. I look at myself in the mirror and see how much better I looked ever since I came from the hospital.

My reflection looked back at me with its blue eyes that were exactly like Mom's. I did love my eyes and their color. I believe that eyes are the window to one's soul. As cheesy as that might sound, I think it's true. Eyes hold in so many words that are just ready to burst out of the person.

I walk out of the bathroom and walk to my parent's room. I open it as quietly as I can and peek inside. They were both sleeping and Dad was snoring softly as he held mom in his arms. They looked so calm, so peaceful. I smile and close the door.

I decide to go outside and sit on the front porch. I look at the birds that fly by, the sprinklers that water the neighbors lawn, and the kids playing with bubbles as they chased each other. It was the weekend and everyone seemed so calm. It's so amazing how fast the days go by.

I had missed so much school with everything that had happened and that worry began to creep inside my brain. I would have to talk to mom and dad about it.

I close my eyes and feel the warm breeze brush across my face.

"Hey, Cath."

I turn around and meet my eyes with a smiling Uncle Josh.

"Hey," I reply as I stay sitting down.

"Can I join you?"

I nod and he sits next to me.

"What a beautiful day, everything and everyone today are so peaceful," Uncle Josh says as he observes his surroundings.

"I miss this."

"What?"

"I miss this amount of tranquility and serenity."

"Then why did you move to L.A.?"

"I've lived in Ohio all my life, it was time for a change. I love Ohio and I always will but it was right to move away as if I was starting a new chapter. A new chapter for me and only me. If you know what I mean."

"I do. But, we miss you."

"I know you guys do and I miss you guys too."

"I wish you could live with us forever."

He laughs as I say that.

"Me too but I love living in Los Angeles, it's refreshing but Ohio will always be home. There are just things we need to do, new things, new places to be, to see. I'm content where I am but there's always this feeling that I miss when I'm in my home state. It's just hard to describe."