·Chapter 14·

The day ended quickly after we had finished eating lunch and before I knew it, it was time to go home. Mom brought me a fresh pair of clothes and I put them on. I still had a bandage wrapped around my head but the doctor said I could take it off tomorrow. He said I was recovering quickly and that I'll still have a headache once in a while for the next month, but I was going to be okay. That was music to my parent's ears. They were so glad that I was having a healthy recovery.

As mom puts my hair up into a high ponytail, dad leaves the room to bring the car around to the entrance. Uncle Josh tells me that he's going to stay a few nights with us which makes me ecstatic.

Mom and I leave the hospital room and head to the car. Dad is at the entrance waiting for us and he smiles at me. I smile back and we enter the car, then head home.

As we drive I look out the window and admire the beautiful morning sky. The clouds were pink which reminded me of cotton candy. The sky was a typical blue that you see but the pink clouds made it so intriguing. I lean my head on the window and fall asleep.

When I wake up, I'm in bed and I look over at my clock.

It was noon.

I get up and head downstairs to the living room.

"Hello?" I call.

"Over here, Cath," Uncle Josh calls back.

I walk to where I heard his voice which was the kitchen.

"Hello, my child," Uncle Josh teases as he pulls me into a quick hug.

"Salutations," I reply and he laughs.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"They're sleeping. They haven't slept well the past three days and they were exhausted. But, I wanted to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Do you want to go somewhere with me? It's a surprise and I know you'll love it."

"Sure! What time do you want to go?"

"We can go now."

"Okay, I'll go put my shoes on."

He nods and I run upstairs to my room. I slip on a pair of black and white converse and run back downstairs. I wasn't really caring on how my appearance was. I cut myself some slack, I just came home from the hospital. Do you expect me to look super cute at a time like this? I think not.

We head outside and enter the car, driving away.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"I said it was a surprise."

"Come on Uncle Josh, tell me," I whine.

"Not budging."

"Fine," I cross my arms in defeat.

We drive for a while and I have no clue on where we're going. The curiosity was killing me. Surprises make me so impatient.

"Are we almost there?"

"Yeah, we'll be there in about two minutes."