Chapter One

"MOM! DAD!" You screamed, clutching your baby brother to your chest and your ten year old sister hugging your waist and hiding her face. Your heart pounded so hard in your ears... You could hardly hear your brother's cries and you parents screams as flesh was ripped from their bodies and their blood soaked their clothing and dyed the ground.

Your father yelled for you to grab the bag of guns and other supplies. You obeyed, and reluctantly ran with your two siblings. You shoved them in the nearest car and locked all the doors once you were in the drivers seat. You scrambled for the keys and jammed them into the ignition. Suddenly there were moans and bodies slamming into the car. You and your siblings screamed, watching the bloody bodies claw at the windows. You hurriedly twisted the key and slammed on the gas once the engine started up. You collided with bodies all along the road, making it incredibly hard to drive. You were only fourteen, you weren't supposed to be driving, especially over bodies. Even when no more walking dead were in sight, you kept driving, tears blurring your vision.

~~

"It's been three years," you muttered, "and this has spread faster than the black plague." You slid your dagger out of it's sheath and plunged it into a Roamer's roting head.

You learned quick after the apocalypse started. The only way the walking dead can be dead again is if you cut off their heads, or if you stab or shoot them in the head. You didn't know why the head, but that was how it was. The only living you had seen were your two siblings, but you hadn't seen your sister since you had been separated by a herd a month back. Sarah was smart and knew how to protect herself, so you weren't too worried, but you still searched for her. You left your two-year-old brother, Johnathan, in the hotel room you holed up in for the past week while you scavenged for supplies.