Chapter 33: Jc And The Girls?

Maddie's POV
After Bri told me Jc had been bugging her about seeing the twins I decided to give him a call. I needed to know what's going through his mind. I dialed his number and he answered after the second ring.
M: Jc? We need to talk..
J: About?
M: Well Bri told me that all you can do is talk about the girls. What's going through your mind?
J: Well..it's just that I haven't really spent as their dad. I know I said I didn't want to be apart of their lives but..
M: But what?
J: I wanna change. And I wanna be in my girls lives. If not as their dad I understand because they have Ricky and I don't wanna take his place, but if you will just allow me in as just another uncle, I would be so appreciative. I want nothing more than then to know me.
M: I understand you want to change Jc. I will allow you in their lives as their uncle, just like with all the other o2l boys besides Ricky. But, if you screw up one time, you'll be out of their lives again. Do you understand?
J: I completely understand. Thank you, Maddie.
M: Welcome Jc. But I need you to pack now.
J: For?
M: A family cruise. You're coming with us all. And you can invite ONE person..but not Aaron..
J: Okay! Text me the details. And again you don't understand how happy I am about this.
M: Oh, I understand completely. I'll text you or Bri will text you the details. Bye.
J: Bye.
I hung up the phone with Jc. I wonder who he's gonna invite. I was in deep thought when Ricky came home from work. I was so relieved to see him. But we had to have a long talk.

Jc's POV
So after Maddie invited me on the cruise I started thinking about who I would invite. I immediately thought about Shelby, Ricky's best friend from his home town. I know how stressed he's been lately because we're still best friends, so I thought this would be perfect for him. He could have everyone he cared about on the ship for a little while. I wish I could invite Bella. I really miss her. Maybe Maddie will since they're such good friends. I was really happy with Bella, until I discovered that I had a little bit of feelings for Maddie. Nothing major, its just any mom who can take on what Maddie does while protecting her kids is attractive. Maddie has been through hell this past year and I didn't make it any easier. I made it worse. But on this cruise I'm going to make it up to her. She deserves an apology. Something Aaron could never do. I just know that he's the main reason for this cruise. He has made her life miserable and she needs a break. We all do.