Secret Sides of Skilyn

Tap. Tap. Tap. "Yes... This is how it should be. Maybe a bit of a heartbreak should do it," she thought as her fingers pressed in words. Skilyn leaned back in her chair and read her story, picturing in her mind exactly how the plot would end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STORY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Klyn crossed her arms and clencched her teeth together. "His true colors have shown," she said, holding back her tears before running home. She ran past the gate of her house and slammed the front door unintentionally.

                Her mother walked over to her with a pan and mittens, smiling softly. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? Is it about Zinc?"

                Klyn tried her best to smile. "I'm sorry... I'm fine. Really... I'll be in my room. Just please give me time alone." She bowed her her head in respect before running up the stairs and into her now locked room. She pulled out her phone and typed in the message, "Thanks for opening up my heart to others but I'm fine on my own now. I... I -loved- you but people change. Sorry for confessing now but I give up since I like someone else. Bye </3." She pulled her pillow to her chest and curled up, allowing tears to flow.

                Zinc's phone vibrated in his pocket during the movie. He shrugged it off and continued to eat popcorn, holding hands with a girl beside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Skilyn pulled on her glasses and fixed her ribbon, sliding her bookbag over her shoulder. She sighed and walked ino town to ride the train. She looked at her watch and shook her head. "I'll be there too early. Might as well walk in town first," she thought and agreed. She fixed her glasses and stared up at the large TV broadcasting news about famous pop groups and celebrities. "How boring," she murmured, before accidently bumping and knocking over a boy her age. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry!" She frantically helped pick up everything form him. "Please accept my apology." She bowed her head quickly and ran away from him.

                The boy raised an eyebrow and picked up her student ID card. "That school... That girl..."

                Skilyn swallowed, trying to catch her breath and recollect herself. "I... I got away and even ran the whole way to school." She reached into her pocket and furrowed her eyebrows. "I'll get it back later or buy a new one..." She pulled on her "school mask" as a quiet, violent loner and listened in on the conversations: Did you hear that the pop group Zoom-Boom are acually students at this school? So hot. I know right? Hm, he's not really my type. I like--

                The doors of the school opened and the girls broke into a small frenzy. Nikk, Zahk, and Zane walked on their own pace, roaming the halls.

                Skilyn took no notice and stared at the bulletin boardm looking at the play poster. Her eyes widened in scare when her shoulder was tapped. She turned around and leaned back against the board. "Y-Yes?"

                Nikk smiled and took her hand, slipping the ID card under her hand as he kissed the top of her hand. "Thanks for the awakening this morning, Skilyn." He walked away, the girls continuing to circle the pop group.

                A small group of girls crowded around her, fists to their hips or arms over their chests. "What's your relationship to Nikk?"

                Skilyn shrugged, staring back at them. "Same for you, right? What exactly gives you the right to bully me when we're all just acqquaintances?" She fixed her glasses and walked past the now angry girls and into her classroom, sitting in the back. She stared out of the window, thinking, "This'll be quite the fun semester." She smiled to herself.