Trapped: Secrets to Slip

Skilyn stepped back into her room and quickly locked the door. She shook her head, not wanting this to happen. "I'll escape through the back and go to school in a crowd. I'll walk. Sorry class but I give up on being cute. I have to sneak around today." She got dressed and pulled on her glasses, trying to look as normal as possible. She braided her hair into pig tails and yawned. She grabbed her bag and headed downstairs. "Mom, I can explain..." She raised an eyebrow and pointed to Zoom-Boom. "Why are -they- here?? Who even invited them in?"

               Nikk smiled and got up. He kissed her nose and smiled, dragging her over to the table. "Relax. We're taking you with us today. You'll miss school today. And don't worry about your friends. They already know about this. They've been informed. I do have to say that they sure do end up overracting because of you. But that won't matter to me."

               Skilyn crossed her arms. "Oh? And what exactly makes you think that I'll follow you?"

               Zahk held up a ticket and a card. "A ticket, a pass to go through the line, and..." He pulled out a box. "A surprise for you. Of course, I had to ask everyone that knows you exactly what you like."

               Skilyn raised an eyebrow. "What I like? You know what I'd like? I'd like for you guys to get off my back and leave me alone. My life's becoming a mess because you transferred into my class! I was left alone by everyone in class. I didn't need friends to use up my time. I didn't need people getting close to me."

                Zane yawned. "So? What about now? Do you want to get rid of your friends? Do you want to get rid of being treated like a regular student? You don't want to be loved, then? Just tell me the truth and I'll be happy to consider it."

               Skilyn softened a bit. She bit her lip. "Well, it's not that I don't like it... It's just that this new life isn't something I'm cut out for. Besides, I love my new friends and being regular isn't exactly... regular. My life has never been regular from the start... Maybe it's just me, then?"

               Zane smiled. "What's there to lose? Anyways, what's that book of yours called?"

               Skilyn jumped out of her seat and ran upstairs. She walked back down, carefully holding the laptop and placing it onto the table. She opened it up and smiled proudly. "The book is called 'Unlocking' and it's about a girl who's always hid in the shadows, running away from people. She bumps into a very popular guy who blackmails her because he took a picture on his phone. Earlier, he made a bet with his friends that he could make any girl fall for him. And that's where it all began. It was just a draft when I posted it. Suddenly, it started becoming more and more popular." She closed the laptop and sighed. "No one knew I was a writer. It's been my dream to become famous for things I never saw coming. Acting was my ultimate dream but it's all in the past. Something just came up is all..."

               Nikk raised an eyebrow. "So you didn't have stage fright from the beginning?  Well, we'll help you along. Even if you don't remember our promise," he mumbled the last sentence.

               Skilyn shrugged. "I can handle three nights of a play but that'd be my last play. But in return for making it a huge success, could you help me with my story? I'll explain the details at school... if we can make it there in one piece."

               Zahk winked. "Already got it covered for ya', babe." He pulled out his phone and whispered his order. He hung up. "I told the school that we'll be absent today due to obsessive media crisis."

               Skilyn raised an eyebrow. "They actually agreed to that? I guess that's the power of famous pop-groups... Not that I would know. Let's get up to my room and discuss everything." She put the sandwich in her mouth and ran upstairs with her laptop. She sat down on her bed and opened it back up. She opened up the Microhard Word Processor and typed up the title: Love Notes

               Zane snorted after reading the title, sitting next to her on the bed. "Love notes? What are you thinking? Do you like us or something?"

               Skilyn held up her fist and raised an eyebrow. "I hate you guys and your nerves... But you're all one of the closest guys there are to me to teach me how exactly love starts, what exactly love is, and everything else. It's the one subject I'm definitely not keen on."

               Zahk grinned and pushed her down onto the bed, holding her hands above her head. He got ontop, looking down at her. "You invited guys into your room. Do you have any idea what I could do to you?" He licked his lips.

               Skilyn looked up at him, looking as clueless as ever. "No, not really. I mean, I invite Adriel here all the time. All we do is chat and play games... Then again, that was years ago. Who knows what new games we'd play now." She shrugged. "He did this a lot too... It's called wrestling but I didn't know that a bunch of guys were into it too."

               Zahk laughed briefly, getting off of her. He ran his fingers through his hair, shaking his head. "Oi... She'll need all the help she can get." He turned to her. "Tell me, out of all the guys in our school, who catches your eye?"

               Skilyn raised an eyebrow. "Um... That sounds disgusting. Who would want to catch my eye?"

               Nikk chuckled. "You're so cute. all he meant was who do you take even just a bit of interest in? Or who makes your heart beat quickly?"

               Skilyn smiled. "That's easy. Zinc does. A person like Zinc would definitely get me interested in him. Of course it's obvious since I'm the one who writes his thoughts and everything about him. I guess it's what the girls talk about when they say dream guy."

               Adriel leaned against the door, his arms crossed. "Who's dreaming about guys, Klyn?"

               Skilyn threw a pillow at him. "Don't call me my character's name. I told you not to go through the secret passage. Your parents will get angry if they--"

               "They -do- know," Adriel interrupted. "But don't mind me. Continue your little discussion."

               Skilyn shook her head. "Ha, no way. It has nothing to do with you anyways. Go back home, Adriel. I'm being serious with you."

               Adriel felt his chest squeeze. He lowered his eyes and walked away without a word. "It has nothing to do with me," he murmured, "But it does... It always has included me. If only you would notice, Skilyn. Notice how much it hurts..." He dug his nails into his palm, trying to stop the pain of just a few words.