His Date-Her Playday

Skilyn gripped onto Philip's shirt, leaning closely against him. "You're so mean... We shouldn't have left before the others, you know." She turned to her left and shook her head. "St-Stupid. Slow down! We're going to quickly."

                Philip shrugged and smiled. "Don't care. Besides, if I go any slower, we'd get run over by those cars and probably trucks behind us... Ah, don't turn back though. Seeing that this is probably the first time you rode a motorcycle, you might fall off."

                Skilyn squeezed her eyes closed. "Well, I am supposed to be a calm and composed kind of student so of course I've never ridden things that'd make me have an adrenaline rush. and I'd rather fall off than have to continue riding on this."

                Philip grinned. "Just for that, I'm speeding up." He twisted the handle of the motorcycle and moved between the cars wherever there was room. He parked in front of a fountain in the middle of the city and got off. He turned to her and covered his hand over his mouth, trying to keep himself from laughing. "You... You--"

                "Look awful? Yeah," she glared at him, getting off of the motorcycle with his help. "And why are you laughing at me like that? It -is- your fault, you know." She fixed her wrinkled clothes and pulled back her hair behind her ear. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a notepad and a pen. "Before we go on, I have a few questions I'd like to ask. How does it feel to like someone? What is love to you? When you look at that certain someone, how do you feel and act? Wh--"

                "St-stop," he blushed, "Don't ask stupid questions like that." He pulled his hair down, trying to cover his face. "Ask someone else... Like those guys back at your home... where they don't belong whatsoever."

                Skilyn shrugged. "Well, they're really bothersome but after getting to know them, they're really nice guys... except Zane. I just normally argue with him. He's a selfish, self-centered jerk. I don't see why girls even find him attractive. I mean, isn't attitude what counts?"

                Philip smiled, taking her hand in his, dragging her over into the park. "Sorry to say but it's just you who thinks that. Looks matter to me as well as personality. I mean, doesn't someone want to be presentable? Your parents want to meet someone who's perfect all around. So, your interpretation is simply selfish, no offense. You look cute no matter what so it doesn't matter to me." He winked.

                Skilyn smiled, winking back. "Right," she said sarcastically, unintentionally misunderstanding. She swung their arms back and forth, not sure how to go about with this. "Hey, is this what people call hanging out?"

                Philip shrugged. "Sure but since it's one boy and one girl holding hands through a park, it's called a date."

                Skilyn's eyes widened in shock. She stopped walking, holding her back with him. Her face flushed as she looked down onto the floor, trying to avoid his eyes. "D-Did you j-just say a-a-a-a date?! No! This can't be right! I don't remember agreeing to date you! I don't even remember you asking me! Y-Your wrong... Or I'm going crazy." She pinched her cheeks, pulling on it. "Yup, I'm goin crazy."

                Philip stared at her. "So, you'd rather call yourself insane than go out on a date with me? Do you hate me that much? Am I that much of a bother to you?"

               Skilyn's heart skipped a beat. Her hand went up to her chest, feeling her heart thump inside of her chest with every rise and fall. She opened her mouth to say something but was left speechless.

               Philip sighed to himself and placed his hand on the side of her face, stroking her cheek with his thumb. He smiled softly. "I'm sorry. I took the joke too far... Just, please. Go out on this date with me. I promise you that we'll actually have fun." He picked her up and ran onto the bus. He set her down and pulled out a map, sitting next to her. "Let's go to this place," he pointed out on the map. "You'll remember it soon." He clasped his hands with hers and got up. He quickly paid for the trip and got out of the bus. "Catch me if you can!" He ran off.

               Skilyn chased after him. "Cheater! You got a head start!" She grabbed his shirt and collasped on the grass, breathing restlessly. She gasped, smiling, sitting up and looking at him. "This is the place of the picnic. But, why did we go here today?"

               Philip smiled. "Because this is one place where we have a bond together."

               Skilyn stared up at the sky and nodded. "Sure... I think I understand. Anyways, let's head over to everyone now."

               Philip sighed. "Guess the date's over."

               Skilyn raised an eyebrow. "Eh? Why is the date over?"

               Philip ran his fingers through his hair, looking over Skilyn's shoulder.

               Skilyn raised an eyebrow and turned around. She took a step back and rubbed her eyes. "Zane? What are you doing here?"