Love: Failure

Skilyn smiled. "I'll stop there for today. I'll continue the story when we're on our way home." She walked onto a bus and raised an eyebrow, looking at the faces on the bus. "Why are the rest of our classmates out of school today?"

               Zahk shrugged, smiling. "I asked only half of the school to keep an eye out on you. Mostly when you're wearing such a cute outfit... I wouldn't want anyone to miss it." He winked. "We're letting you walk around today anywhere you want. We're everywhere, you know."

               Zane nodded. "Literally, too. We're on boards, CDs, magazines, and buildings."

               Skilyn sighed, shaking her head at the two of them. "I get it, I get it. But isn't it wierd? I'm just researching a little. It's nothing important as to stalk me throughout the day... Although, if you're insisting...." She smiled and ran out of the bus.

               Nikk leaned against the window, watching Zane chase after her. He sighed. "Geez, how troublesome. We won't be able to give her tips... And the one person who chases after her is the most clueless when it comes to girls."

               Adriel smiled. "She'll probably get a lot of numbers and not know what to do after that. I guess she's what you call a failure at love. For me to see her now, I hold too many regrets." He stared out the window. "But, my time will come so I'm willing to sit here and wait."

              Nikk shrugged, turning away. "Doesn't matter if I'm going to take her away. Be prepared." He smiled.

              Adriel nodded. "Watch your back. You have other competition rather than just me and you. You'll see after today."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Skilyn sat down on a bench, drinking a medium bottle of soda. She smiled, looking around at the boys in groups about her age. She turned to Zane. "You know, I'll never be able to start my research if you keep getting so close to me. They'll think you're an over-protective brother or boyfriend even. That much, I know."

              Zane flushed, turning away. "I... I-I would never date a girl like you. I want a girl with a more slim figure and an hour-glass shape, unlike you, flat-chest. Plus, my girl would be more energetic, cares only about me, and let's me monopolize them. She's definitely more lady-like than you."

              Skilyn got up and dumped her drink on his head. "Then you don't need to hang around me like this. I can handle things by myself with all the other students watching. You're just a rude, heartless brat that has nocare whether they hurt other people." She clenched her hands into fists. "And I'm sorry for not being -your- ideal girl, but I'm happy about being semi-unsocial, violent, and an idiotically smart girl." She walked away from him, crossing the street quickly to beat him at the stoplight to get away from him. She walked into a model-agency building and slammed her hands on the desk. "One meeting please... and no, I don't have an appointment. Is there anyone with free time right now?" She stared at them.

              The lady nervously smiled. "I-I'm sorry, miss. Everyone's busy right now. If you leave your name and number, I'll be more than happy to let you know when there's free time. G-Good day, miss."

              Skilyn sighed and nodded. "Thank you... Have a good day as well..." She walked out, sitting on the steps in front of the building. "I'm sorry for not being pretty enough to satisfy you," she murmured to herself, "Stupid Zane..." She shook her head and gasped when someone had tripped over her. She picked up all the papers and the glasses that fell. "I'm so sorry! If there's any fracture in your bones, I'll pay for it. I swear I will... Are you hurt anywhere?"

              The boy shook his head and held up his hands, smiling. "I'm fine. Thank you for worrying. Oh, and my stuff, please?"

              Skilyn looked down at the papers and gasped once more, handing it all to him. She placed the glasses on him and bowed her head. "I'm so sorry... I'm so stupid... Please accept my apology... I'll even make up for it." She grabbed his phone and placed her number and name on the records. "Here. If you need anything, just call. even if we are strangers... Ah! But that doesn't mean I don't think you're suspicious... I mean, you aren't suspicious... Um, what I'm trying to say is--"

              The boy laughed and got up. He smiled down at her. "Calm down, pretty miss. I might be a little hurt but I'm fine. The world's not going to end for me just yet. And it's good that you're suspicious of strangers like myself. Let's go get dinner. I'm starving and supper is lonely when it's served for one person only." He held out his hand.

              Skilyn took his hand and smiled. "I trust you less knowing that you called me pretty. I know of a cheap noodle shop. How about there? Although, fast food is fine too. I just didn't bring enough money to buy foods from restaurants and things like that. And, um, what's your name?"

              The boy hesitated for a moment. He bit his lip and smiled. "Philip. And you must be Skilyn. I checked the list of names before a left to find out what kind of person could make such a commotion in such a calm place like a lobby. A  ramen shop would be nice." He squeezed her hand to let her know that he had a hold of her.

              Skilyn smiled. "Nice to meet you, Philip."