Klyn and Zinc: Part 3

Klyn walked into the room, staring at Zinc. "My... seat..." She couldn't believe he took her seat.

               Zinc smiled. "I'm sitting here for today. Take my seat. Do you have any complaints against my wishes?"

               Klyn shook her head slowly, walking over to his desk. She sat down, her heart beating loudly in her chest, afraid of possible consequences.

               Zinc smiled to himself when the teacher walked over to his desk. "I'm only in this desk because Klyn took my desk. I needed a place to sit. Clearly, it's not my fault." He watched the class stare at her.

               The teacher turned to Klyn, slamming the ruler on the desk. "Who told you could sit there? Who gave you the authority when this is -my- classroom?"

               Klyn stared back at there, speechless. She knew he lied and set her up. She didn't know how she could risk it. She gripped onto her skirt, trying her best to calm down. She took in a breath and got up. "What kind of teacher actually takes the time to yell at a student who can't even speak in class because no one took the chance to talk to her? What kind of teacher wastes time arguing at a student rather than staying calm and making the two switch desks?" She glared at her teacher. "You really don't understand why you're having to argue with your husband everyday? The reason behind it all is because you don't have the heart to think about the other person and finding out the truth. Now, excuse me for interupting the class unintentionally. I'll be studying by myself in the library." She got up and walked to the door. "Before I go," She looked at Zinc and smiled, "thank you, Zinc, for setting this up. I found my voice." She walked past the students and teachers that had listened in and into the library, sitting at a table by herself. She stared out the window, sighing.

               Zinc smiled and got up. "Don't worry, teach'. I'll watch over her and report back to you." He got up and walked out of the classroom, sitting down across Klyn. "How did you know that kind of thing in the first place? You know, about her husband."

               Klyn sighed. "I'm one of those few people left on this planet that will actually listen rather than talk. She was crying and speaking loudly when she was in the teacher's lounge across the classroom. Who wouldn't be able to hear her in the first place? I mean, common sense."

               Zinc glanced at her and stared out the window. "Will you listen to my problems if I were to tell you at your place? Would you comfort me? Will you be the only one to see me cry?"

               Klyn turned to him. "I will only listen to problems you've discussed with other people before. I won't comfort you because pity takes you nowhere. I don't want to see you cry. I may sound cruel to you but I'm just trying to step into your shoes. Plus, telling me your problems that no one else knows will only come to haunt me later and become a huge burden." She took his hands in hers and smiled lightly. "Be strong. The world is meant for survivors only. Those who cry about small details can't handle the bigger deals. But beaing a survivor doesn't mean you'll be alone. We're going to survive and fight one another from now on. If I fall and you rise, I'll claw my way up and make the mountains even."

               Yoolin smiled, stting down next to Zinc. "I'll survive along with you guys. Of course, only if you allow me to do so."

               Klyn shrugged, turning away, letting go of Zinc's hands. "It's not for me to decide. It's for you to put effort into and struggle. Like I said, claw up the mountain after every fall. People get stronger that way." She got up and walked around the library, looking for books.

               Zinc looked at Yoolin, smiling lazily. "She's trouble. I feel that I have to protect her, hide from her, and fight against her all at once. What do you think this could mean?"

               Yoolin shrugged. "It could mean anything. What exactly do you want it to mean in the first place?"

               Zinc sighed, laying his head on the table. "I'm not sure. This kind of thing seems awfully rare. Why don't you go and find out for yourself? I'm planning on sneaking her out to go into town. Ask Mari and Jhon to come along and book a room to go karaoke tonight. Now, get back to class and let me sleep peacefully for a few minutes." He closed his eyes, yawning.

               Yoolin smiled and got up. He walked over to Klyn and grabbed her hand, kissing the top, leaving a note in her hand. "Let's be friends from now on." He walked out of the library, whistling a nursery rhyme to himself.

               Klyn raised an eyebrow, opening up the note. She shook her head, thinking to herself, "Why would I need his address and number?" She shrugged, putting the note in her pocket and continued looking for a book.

               Zinc watched Klyn the entire time, smiling happily before falling asleep with her name on his lips.