Chapter 4

"I can't get over it, George! I still can't believe that you're staying! I was honestly expecting you to accept the job at Cork. I was already preparing myself to say goodbye to one of my best friends, but Im glad I won't." Cassie said with too much excitement. I expected her to be ecstatic about the news, but I was dumbfounded with her reaction. It wasn't even half of what I expected. She cried and hugged me then laughed out loud while still crying. She almost sounded like a loon, to be honest.

Actually, I understand where her great joy was coming from. Cassie's parents are divorced and they have their own families in different counties. Cassie's just in Limerick to study, however, she found a home here. She was able to reconnect with some relatives who happened to live here and her relationship with them was even better than her relationship with her parents and half siblings.  We, her best friends, according to her, are whom she considers her soul sisters. Tory and I her were her first friends here. Then, there's Dillon. He's a really awesome guy. Im glad they met and fell in love with each other.

"Hey, you can't tell anybody about this okay? Even Dillon! I don't want Aedan to hear it from other people, first. I want to see his reaction after hearing it for the first time." It actually makes my heart flutter in anticipation of what his probable reaction would be. He never failed to make me smile with his epic and adorable responses.

"Have you told Tory already?"

"No, not yet and I don't intend to. I'm afraid she might slip. You know she's way too honest for her own good. She might not be able to lie to Kevan if ever he asks her."

As much as I hate crossing paths with that jerk, I really don't have much of a choice. Apart from him being my bestfriend's cheating boyfriend, he also happened to be one of Aedan's friends.

Speaking of the Spawn

"Hey, the airheads are here already. Shut your mouth, okay? Lets talk about it some other time." I murmured

"Absolutely. This day would have been perfect if only these insipid jerks weren't coming!" Cassie sighed

We're here at an adventure park to play paintball. It was supposed to be just me, Cassie, Tory, Aedan, Dillon, and Kevan, but the spawn thought it would be more fun to invite their complete horde of imbeciles so he invited them without giving us a heads up. I just found out on my way here. If I had only known earlier, I would have made up a good excuse. However, since it was a late notice, I just couldn't cancel on Aedan at the last minute considering he was the one who planned this and he was the one paying for everything.

"Hey! You guys are early!" Tory said as she arrived with Kevan, Owen, Sean, Brody, and three women that I've never met before. Didn't these women know we were going to play paintball? They're all dolled up in skimpy outfits and sky high heels.

"Well, we were just very excited to play paintball that we went here early." Cassie said in a bored manner

"What about your lanky boyfriend?" Owen smirked.

And so, the war has begun. This is going to be a long day.

"He will be arriving shortly. Unlike brainless bums, who live off of their parents' bank accounts to fund their worthless lives like worms, he has an actual job that requires for his brains and skills to help save lives." Cassie said acerbically with a smile that has no warmth in it.

Dillon is a nurse paramedic. He just got off a graveyard shift and is on his way. He endures rubbing elbows with these jerks even if all they do is give crude remarks towards him because he doesn't want Cassie to avoid going out with Tory just for him. He's that nice and considerate. Im glad Aedan treats him well or else he won't live to see another daylight.