Chapter 5

We gathered in an area near the dressing room while waiting for Aedan who was taking care of everything. I removed the loosened feathery neon pink tie of my hair to fix it again then an idea came up.

"Cass, do you have another hair tie? My tie is loose, it keeps on falling off." I asked casually. I was crossing my fingers hoping that she did have a spare.

"I have one, George." Tory interrupted. She gave me one and I just wore my hair tie in my wrist.

When Aedan came back, we changed into our suits and put on our protective gears except our masks. They laid out the house rules and walked through the combat area to mark the dead zone. It is where eliminated players go that is why nobody must be shooting at or near the spot.

We were playing for a deathmatch, which means that we will be divided into two teams and we were to eliminate all of the members of the opposing team within an hour. If the time is up and both teams still has surviving players then the team with more players left will be declared the winner. As agreed upon, I will be teaming up with Cassie, Dillon, Tory, Kevan, and Aedan.

We established our camps. We took the southern area and their camp was almost a hundred feet from ours.

"What do you know about them?" Cassie asked

" Brody is the one with the best aim followed by Owen then Sean." Kevan replied
"She meant how good is their aim? Specifics please." I requested

"Brody and Owen has a very accurate shot in proximate distances. Brody is better than Owen in long distances, but not that impressive. Sean's aim is just average, but he's the most athletic. He's the fastest runner and the most agile. He's good in catching opponents off guard as he can easily move in different locations unnoticed." Aedan supplied

I nodded. "So, what do we have?"

"Im usually an easy target for them because my 6'8" frame is quite difficult to hide. Apart from that, I have quick reflexes and I am one of the fastest runners next to Sean. I have an average aim. Aedan is the best shooter among all of us. He won the championship in a small tournament a few years back." Kevan answered. I glanced at Aedan and he just smiled bashfully.

"How about you, Dill?" I asked

"I've already played a few times before. I am barely average with shooting, but I am not easily hit as I can hide very well and I have a very thin frame." Dillon said while scratching his head in embarrassment. We just smiled and Cassie gave him a peck on the cheek.

"That's alright, hun. I'll cover for you." She winked and he just smiled.

"I thought you've never played?" Kevan asked in confusion

Cassie and I just exchanged glances and grinned. He's got a lot of catching up to do.

"Alright. I think they will go with the obvious and easy plan. They will go for the strong opponents first to disable the group. They'll be gunning for me and Kevan." Aedan said.

"Thinking that they're the at an advantage, they will be the offensive team. They'll be aggressive so they'll probably be closing up on us pretty quick." Kevan added

"I agree. Considering our relationship, they'll think that the guys will be situated on the first line of defense to cover for the girls. They'll be expecting Aedan to be on a vantage point to take on the attackers and use Kevan as a pawn to give away their locations. They think you two are our only chances of winning. They won't be very worried about Dillon and Tory. They'll think that Cassie and I will be hiding on some huge rocks and would be close to each other." I stated