Chapter 7

Aedan 04 03
Good morning! 😊

I smiled. Since we've been official three days ago, we text each other all the time, upon waking up till before we sleep. It makes my heart flutter every time I get a message from him. I just woke up and upon reading his simple message, I feel as though my whole day has already been made. When I looked at the time, it made me smile even more. He texted me immediately upon waking up. He gets up as early as four for his six a.m. call time at the hospital.

Me                         07 38
Good Morning, too. I just woke up.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Sending lots of hugs and kisses for
you. X😘X😘
I miss you already.

We haven't seen each other for three days already because he was busy with his hospital hours. When he brought me home that night, I informed my family that we're officially a couple and they were happy for us. My thoughts were interrupted by a beep from my phone.

Aedan                   07 44
Thanks. I missed you, too. Can't
wait to see you later. 😘
I'll pick you up at 5.

Me                        07 47
Okay. Go back to work or else
you will get in trouble with your
Clinical supervisor.

Aedan                 07 51
No, I won't. Everybody knows
Its my birthday because I
Invited them. I get a free pass
to slack off today. Lol. 😆

Me                       07 55
No, you don't! Says me! Stop texting
because I won't be replying.

Aedan                 07 56
Yes maam.

Me                       07 57
I just said stop texting!

Aedan                07 58
Will do. 😉

He can be annoying and adorable at the same time. Nevertheless, starting my day with him has been pleasant. I was walking towards the dining table while texting Cassie and Tory.

"Well, good morning to you, too." Dad cheerfully greeted.

I looked up and saw him peeking through his newspaper. I was surprised to see him still here since it was already eight. Isn't he supposed to be at work?

" Good morning, too, Dad. Its already 8 and you're still here in your jammies. Aren't you going to work?" I asked as I kissed his cheek.

"Don't you like seeing your old man anymore? Is that what happens when you get a boyfriend?" He asked feigning hurt.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my adorable Dad suppressing a wide grin. I promise, he's just the cutest when he's acting immature. I hugged him from the side and buried my face on his armpit and sniffed it.

"You know what, Dad, you have the most terrible morning armpit smell, but its the only one that I like sniffing till my nose hurt." I looked up to him and smiled. He laughed and kissed my forehead. He stood up and went to the fridge. I sat on the chair next to him and just watched him.

He took a gallon of milk from the fridge and poured it in a glass then placed it in the microwave. While waiting, he went back to the fridge to get an almond butter and cheese. He took two slices of wheat bread from the pantry. He slathered almond butter on one bread and half a slice of cheese on the other one. He folded each bread to form a sandwich and toasted them. When both sandwiches and milk were ready, he took them and placed in front of me.

Yep.
That's my Dad.
The sweetest man on Earth.

He serves me my meal whenever he gets the chance. I don't object because I love it! I can do it by myself, but I enjoy being taken care of my Dad even when Im old enough to start my own family. To him, I will always be his little girl. To me, he will always be the number one man in my life. No one can compete with him.