Chapter 15

To my most favorite author in the whole wide world... On top of all the bestsellers in my list.. Lotsa love for you.. Forever CCC ❤️ BBB Fanatic here!
❤️❤️❤️
************************************
Coffee
I can definitely smell coffee.
It only means one thing.
I woke up late.
Damn!
I peeled my eyes open and adjusted to the light thats blazing from the kitchen. Confused, I looked at the window and was surprised that it was still dark.

"Im sorry. Did I wake you up?" Meredith asked

"Its fine. What time is it already?"

"Its still 3:30 in the morning. I had to wake up early to finish some paper works." She replied and I just nodded

Ugh
Paperworks.

Here I was being the sleeping beauty while my homework sits idly on my bag. How could I be so reckless?

I groaned

"I overslept. I am so dead right now. I still have a lot to do." I stood up and hurriedly scanned the book-bound papers that needed a lot of studying. Damn, I still have some research to do, too. I went to my room and took my laptop back to the living room.

"Don't make too much of a fuss about it. You don't have to know everything on your first week of work. Cut yourself some slack." she tried to comfort me and I just smiled weakly in response. I know that, however, thats not how I do things. I want things to be polished as soon as possible. I want to be always prepared and always ahead. I finished on top because of an excellent start and consistency on my performance. I don't settle for mediocrity. I only aim for the best.

I opened the book and started to read. I've stayed on the first page for a good 15 minutes and still couldn't absorb much of the information in it. This is not good. I am late on my schedule and my mind is not in a good condition to study. Im too preoccupied with many things thats why I cant focus. I have to do something about this, fast! An idea popped in my head and I didn't give it a second thought as I stood up immediately and went to my room. I changed into my sweats.

"I'll go for a quick jog just to ease my mind" I said to Meredith as I walked past her, heading towards the door to put on my rubber shoes.

"Thats a good idea. I suggest you take the route to the harbour. There should be some people who are jogging at this time already." She replied

"Thanks!"

After wearing my rubber shoes, I put on my ear buds and set my shuffle on my favorite workout music playlist, then left.
I brisk walked towards the harbour and when I got there, a few people were already jogging so I joined them.

My mind was full of thoughts about what happened last night and trying to entertain those things makes me want to start crying again. Thank goodness my body is too preoccupied with doing some cardio work. I have to tuck those in somewhere and just focus on jogging.

I was enjoying my jog, too much that I didn't notice I was going way past my time allotment. I ran towards a different path to get to the apartment faster. When I turned to a street I passed by a nice French restaurant and a memory suddenly flashed in my mind.

It was some time last year when Aedan took me to his favorite French restaurant. It was my first time as my family was not really into French cuisine plus its very expensive to just dine casually. It was very memorable because I couldn't pronounce most of the food on the menu and being the pride-ridden person that I was, I couldn't bring myself to admit it so I ordered the ones that Aedan did. For my appetizer, I got Escargot Beignet and when I was served with a plate of snails, I was mortified. Just by merely looking at it makes my stomach do a backflip. In an attempt to save myself from embarrassment, I forced myself to take a bite, mimicking how Aedan took out the edible part. As soon as the snail hit my mouth, bile just rose to my throat. In a split second, the wine that I forced myself to chug in, earlier, was forcefully chugged out by my system right onto the plate of snails.